Monday, January 14, 2008

Cupcake Birthday



I finally made it to Recollections this past weekend. The good news is I got a lot of cool stuff. The bad news is that they're closing! I know, I know, we all know that, but I *still* can't believe it! Among other things, I got this cute birthday stamp set made by Doodlebug Designs at 30% off, and had to use it right away.

I used one of my favorite color combinations along with Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #30 to create this card. The images are colored with markers, then colored over with a clear Spica for some sparkle. Circles are done with Nestabilities, and the scallops along the blue vertical strip are done with scallop scissors. The large jumbo brads in the bottom right corner are by Close to My Heart. I used the template from the mat pack for placement, I really did!, but they still landed on there crooked. Grrr.

On a different note, guess what?! Julee T. has another Mojo Monday sketch posted today ... which means ... she picked her winners from last week. I was one of them!! I'm totally flattered, completely humbled, and wickedly excited to go shopping for my free Verve set! Thanks so much to all of you who left such nice comments here when I posted my entry last week. I was smiling from ear to ear with each new comment.

I checked the other entries a couple of times during the week and really felt like it was anyone's game (good stuff, check out the slideshow)... until last night, when I saw JanTink's out-of-this-world amazing card. Julee described it best: "dripping with the kind of mojo that just leaves you begging for more." Lucky for me, Julee picked two winners ;)

Have a wonderful week!

8 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

Congrats girl! I can't wait to see your Verve creations!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Amy! That's wonderful!!!
Your card here is a beauty! I love the soft colors paired with the black!
Thanks for participating in the challenge.
Hugs and smiles

Alhambra Club said...

Ooh, love your color combo, so pretty, great card

AJ said...

Of course you won! Your stuff rocks!!! Great card!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Congratulations Amy, Your card was so beautiful and I was hoping you were going to win!

Your card for Beate's challenge is super cute, love all the fun colors and images.

Have a great week,
Jennifer

Carolyn King said...

Congratulations!
Wonderful card above too!

Anonymous said...

I love it!! I have those stamps as well - I ordered the whole set as they are all so cute!! Congrats on winning - what an honor!

Tracy said...

congrats on the mojo thing - that card was gorgeous :-)
this one is very cute - love doodlebug. and i love a sale too. i finally got over to R's too - i got a nice little stash of cardstock :-)