Sunday, January 6, 2008

WHAT??



... kind of challenge is this? LOL! For this week's SCS Limited Supplies Challenge, you get to create a card without using any shades of white or vanilla card stock. Sounds like, well, a CHALLENGE! (That's a GOOD thing.)

I immediately thought to use the brown neutrals, mostly so I could slap some brown satin ribbon on there to offset any otherwise plainness. I used the foliage stamp from Embrace Life and stamped on some old SU Confetti Tan card stock (no longer available, but very nearly the same as Kraft). I watercolored in a combination of Old Olive and True Thyme (retired) with an aqua painter. I apologize for the poor stamping on the sentiment. The stamp comes from the Three for You punch box, and the rubber is VERY squishy so those skinny greetings want to wobble and roll on me every time.

At first, I was thinking "I've probably never made a card without either white or vanilla," but then I realized one of my all-time favorites, one of my Christmas cards this year, also used no white or vanilla. Cool.

Thanks to Jen70 for another great challenge! It really got me thinking.

Stamps: Embrace Life, Three for You, Cheesecloth
Ink: Timber Brown Staz-On, Old Olive, True Thyme
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Confetti Tan, True Thyme
Accessories: aged copper hodgepodge hardware brads, brown satin ribbon, dimensionals, sponge daubers

2 comments:

Carolyn King said...

I found YOU!!! You are now linked on my blog....so glad now i can check out your fabulous creations!

This card is amazing. love the confetti tan cs. Beautiful!

Tracy said...

so very pretty - no... elegant. the colors are beautiful