Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Double Challenge



Jennifer Meyer at Jennifer's Sweet Designs has posted a RAK request for her step-mom, June, who was recently diagnosed with lung cancer. So this one's for June. I love the idea that she will get loaded up with happy thoughts from perfect strangers! Check out Jennifer's blog if you'd like to send something too. Be sure to tell her I sent you :)

I stamped the flower onto a scrap of designer paper from Stampin' Up's Ginger Blossom pack, then trimmed, an idea still fresh in my head from stampin_melissa, whose blog I found from the sweet comment she left for me yesterday. Thanks Melissa!

The layout is from last Wednesdays sketch challenge #159, and the colors are from Saturday's Inspiration Challenge #111.

Stamps: Embrace Life
Ink: Basic Black, Old Olive
Paper: Confetti Tan, Basic Black, Old Olive, Very Vanilla, Ginger Blossom dp
Accessories: 1/4" circle punch, Ruby Red brad, dimensionals, black grosgrain, sponge dauber

7 comments:

Shannan Teubner said...

This is just beautiful, Amy! I love the little white spots under the brads!

Alhambra Club said...

This is such a pretty and elegant card, she will love it and sure it will brighten her day.

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

very elegant card! love it! and what an excellent reason to be sending it...to send your thoughts and prayers! i'm sure she will love it!

Cindy Vernon said...

Love your site! You are my heart candy winner for this week. Please email me so that I can get your pacakge out to you!
Thanks, Cindy

Tracy said...

such a pretty card - love that paper stamped with the flower

Stampin_Melissa said...

Amy, I love this color combo and the layout! Just by switching the flower for a leaf you can go from feminine to masculine! Awesome! AND thank you for your sweet comment on my blog. It really was encouraging!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Amy you are such a sweetheart! I LOVE your card, its so beautiful! Thank you so much for posting a little comment on your Blog about June, she is getting everyones cards in the mail and it is brightening her day!

Hugs,
Jennifer :)