Thursday, January 24, 2008

Masculine Birthday



I know I'm not alone in finding masculine cards to be among the hardest to make. When I got my Seeing Stars set by Verve Visual, I knew it would be perfect. (By the way, this was the free set I chose for winning Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday contest a couple of weeks ago. Thanks again, Julee, for your generosity!)

As much as I may like the busy look, I also like a clean and simple composition as much or even more. And most guys I know don't care for a whole lot of floof anyway. So this one's for the guys.

When was the last time you saw a metal-rim tag on a project? Definitely not one of today's "in" products. I'm hoping it doesn't make my card look dated. Here's the truth, though ... I need some masculine birthday cards for the shop I'm hoping to begin selling in next month. The average card buyer out there isn't going to know or care whether an embellishment is totally hot or so last year, you know?

Stamps: Seeing Stars (by Verve Visual)
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Blue Bayou
Paper: Blue Bayou, Soft Sky, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: distressing tool, metal-rim tag, sponge daubers

8 comments:

Natasha said...

I love it!

And you know what, I've been seeing tons of metallic items in fashion trends. I really don't think that buffered metal can look dated. I would love to use these embellishments more often, but they are not the most cost-effective product here.

Alhambra Club said...

what a great card, love the colors and that circle with the stars,

Melissa said...

Oh Amy! This is fabulous!

Jennifer Meyer said...

WOW, you got your set already? Your card is wonderful, the colors are just perfect! LOVE the design and images. Jennifer :)

Jackie Pedro said...

The metal rimmed tag does not make it look dated at all! Great masculine card...

Carolyn King said...

Wonderful design. The PERFECT guy card.

Tracy said...

darn i wrote a comment and got bumped off by ie....
anyway what i said was i dont think its dated in the least - those of us who stamp/scrap are familiar with this product but truly it was around for maybe 40 years already - making memories just repurposed them - soooooo in my mind they are a classic product. regardless you cleverly used the tag in such a way that it is fresh and new. lovely card missy!

Anonymous said...

Amy, only you can take a "dated" product and dazzle us with something new and happenin'!

: )
THE CraftiCori