Sunday, January 20, 2008

Jumping on the Birdwagon



I know they're hot right now, but I really didn't think birds were my "thing," until I started seeing more and more cards using Stampin' Up's "A Birdie Told Me" set. Now I, too, am hooked. I caved and bought the set. (It fits with my current "no flowers" mode, too, which, by the way, will SURELY end soon.)

Today's card isn't really my style, but it's good to break out of your box here and there ... if only to remind you why you have a nice, comfy box to begin with, lol!

It doesn't show so well in the photo, but I went over the bird with my clear Spica glitter marker. The sewing was done with my machine. I just went around twice in a not-so-linear fashion (obviously). The rest is pretty straightfoward.

Stamps: A Birdie Told Me
Ink: Black Staz-On, Barely Banana, Pumpkin Pie
Paper: Wild Wasabi textured, Pumpkin Pie, Real Red, Basic Black, Whisper White
Accessories: large oval punch, 1" circle punch, red eyelets, corner rounder, dimensionals, aqua painter, Wild Wasabi double-stitched ribbon, sewing machine

2 comments:

My Paper World said...

Great card! I love the bird image and your use of eyelets!

Angel said...

This turned out so beautiful, Amy! Love it!