Thursday, January 31, 2008

Yo Yo Yellow Gets Its Fifteen Minutes of Fame


What's up with all the Yo Yo Yellow in the gallery, I was thinking to myself the other day. Eeeeewwww, turns out it's part of this week's color challenge: Yo Yo Yellow, Going Gray, Basic Gray. I was definitely sitting this one out ... until I browsed the gallery and the combo actually began to grow on me. Take a look, there's some really pretty stuff!

I liked bunches's stamp set choice, A Little Birdie Told Me, and how she added in some Basic Black, so that's where I also started. The layout comes from Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday 21 sketch (last week's sketch). I kinda like how it turned out!

When I first started stamping, I ordered the assortments of all the color families (where you get 3 sheets of all 12 colors), and would you believe Yo Yo Yellow was the color I ran out of FIRST?! I was making birthday invitations for my son, and even had to go with postcards to get enough out of my three sheets. I don't think there was a layer on them. I'm telling you they were HIDEOUS.

One last thing, be sure to head over to Julee Tilman's blog, Poetic Artistry. I just saw that she's having a Verve Visual honored guest contest. You could be a guest designer for her march stamp release. Fun stuff!

Stamps: A Little Birdie Told Me, Crosshatch
Paper: Going Gray, Yo Yo Yellow, Basic Gray, Basic Black, watercolor paper
Ink: Palette Noir, Yo Yo Yellow, Going Gray, VersaMark
Accessories: Yellow grosgrain (retired), plain and scallop circle nestabilities, white gel pen, aqua painter, large oval punch, large black brad (by Close to My Heart), clear embossing powder, crystal effects

7 comments:

Jan Hunnicutt said...

Your color challenge turned out really nice! Who would have thought those colors would be good together?!

Alhambra Club said...

AWESOME, that is what this card is.

Melissa said...

I'm not a fan of the yellow either, but it's starting to grow on me! Excellent job on the challenge!

Many Blessings,
M.

My Paper World said...

Absolutely adorable Amy! and thanks for the link to the gallery!
Nicola xx

Carolyn King said...

yo yo yellow never looked so good!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Gorgeous card! That's one of my fave background stamps. I totally shied away from the color challenge, but I've seen so many lovely cards with it - I just might have to give it a go once I add some Going Gray to my stash.

Tracy said...

its really cute - def would cheer up any one who's under the weather :-)