Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Filigree Heart



Be nice to me today, friends. I think I left my mojo with Julee last week ;) So what's a girl to do in the middle of a creative drought? Keep on makin' stuff. Here we go ...

The large, lacy heart stamp is called Filigree Heart and is made by Impression Obsession. Fancy little image, yes? I picked it up last week when I had the occasion to re-visit an art store where I once worked many moons ago. The store used to be what I call a "real" art store, with fine arts supplies from wall to wall. Let me tell you working there was glorious. (Except for the pay!) It's definitely changed over the years ... almost half the store is now rubber stamping supplies. Woo hoo!

Speaking of glorious, the most wonderful thing happened to me last night -- my baby slept through the night! Well, he woke up once, but went back to sleep with just a pacifier. While he slept soundly, my middle one was up twice with a stuffy nose and a cough. One step forward, two steps back ;)

Stamps: Filigree Heart (Impression Obsession), Noteworthy (retired Stampin' Up!)
Inks: Purely Pomegranate, VersaMark, River Rock
Paper: Very Vanilla, Purely Pomegranate, River Rock
Accessories: clear embossing powder, circle nestabilities, liquid pearls, aqua painter, rectangle nestabilities, pomegranate satin ribbon, liquid pearls, dimensionals
Notes: The main image is stamped in pomegranate ink, stamped again in versamark (using a stamp positioner), then clear embossed. I also used an aqua painter to add a very pale wash of river rock ink on all but the outer edge of the ivory circle. Circles are cut with nestabilities (regular and scallop). The scallops are dotted with liquid pearls. I also used the rectangle nestabilities to emboss the river rock background. Nichole Heady has great instructions (including pictures) for this trick
here.

[Edited to Add: The frilly border and sentiment are done with stamps from Noteworthy, which was a Sell-A-Bration set a few years ago.]

7 comments:

Melissa said...

So lovely!

Many Blessings,
M.

Anonymous said...

Another beautiful card. What stamp did you use to stamp the outside edge. It is as beautiful as the heart.

Alhambra Club said...

This is so pretty, love the color combo yo used.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Stunning card and design Amy, Jennifer :)

Kendra Hernandez said...

this is a beautiful card amy - I think your mojo is just fine! :)

Sandra Smart said...

if this is what you can do when you think you have lost your mojo, I cannot wait to see what you can do when you do have it...this card is beautiful!

Amy Sheffer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.