Monday, January 7, 2008

Featured Stamper - stampinat6213



I haven't done one of SCS's Featured Stamper challenges in a long while. It was well past any reasonable person's bedtime last night before I finally got started on any stamping, so this quick challenge was perfect. All you do is pick one of the featured stamper's cards to CASE, making only a couple of changes along the way. Start to finish time: under 20 minutes.

This week's stamper is Nancy Riley, aka stampinat6213 on SCS. Her gallery is full of fantastic projects! I chose to CASE one of her older cards, from August 2006. I liked the vertical strip she used for her greeting. I kept the overall layout, black gingham, and floral theme, but made these changes:

1. different color scheme (my color scheme comes from last week's Color Challenge: Taken With Teal, Certainly Celery, and Real Red)
2. different floral stamp
3. different sentiment and background
4. changed large orange triangle to a smaller photo corner and moved it out from under the focal point
5. added a word window punched piece for the second part of my sentiment

Not stamping-related ... have you ever forgotten to put the pot back in your coffee maker as it's brewing? I did this yesterday! There was coffee EVERYWHERE. I think it's the effects of prolonged sleep deprivation. I stamp late at night, my kids are up early, and my baby still wakes in the night. That's a candle that's burning at both ends and in the middle, too. Resolution #5: Get more sleep.

Stamps: Simply Said, Amazing to Zany
Paper: Taken with Teal, Certainly Celery, Basic Black, Real Red, Whisper White
Ink: Certainly Celery, White craft, Black Staz-On
Accessories: black gingham ribbon, paper piercer, word window punch, photo corner punch, Certainly Celery, Real Red, and Taken with Teal markers

5 comments:

Julie said...

I love your card. I never thought I would like these colors butonce I used them I really like them. They look great with this card as well.
As for coffee. It happened too many times, along with the pot breaking. Finally my DH bought me a Brew station. No pot so no messes.

Alhambra Club said...

this card is so pretty, love the brightness of it and how you did the paper piercing.

Tracy said...

i almost missed this one! such a cute and happy take - i like the original but yours is a most upbeat and colorful take.
and coffee pots... we always put the pot back but sometimes we aren't as careful as we oughta be and yes.. we've had the coffee everywhere. thats fun isnt it.. you're dying for your coffee and then half to spend 20 minutes cleaning it up and start all over LOL and i keep promising i'll go to bed earlier and i still dont... sigh

Teresa said...

I love your color combination! thanks so much for sharing.

Anonymous said...

Great card! One of my favorite color combos, and you make me want to pull out my old set Simply Said:)TFS!
Cyndi