Tuesday, January 29, 2008

To the World You May Be ...



"To the world, you may be just one person,
but to one person, you may be the world."
-Josephine Billings

I've always loved this quote that's in the new Out on a Limb set by Papertrey Ink. Add these beautiful "build-a-limb" images, and you're looking at a set I could not resist.

How's this one for clean and simple? The images themselves are just so serene all by themselves, you really don't need to add much of anything.

First I stamped the leaves in celery. On a second piece of white I stamped the branch in chocolate, then added the buds using blush blossom craft ink and clear embossing powder. The branch is trimmed and then popped up on dimensionals.

Stamps: Out on a Limb by Papertrey Ink
Paper: Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink),
Chocolate Chip, River Rock

Ink: Chocolate Chip and Blush Blossom craft inks,
Certainly Celery classic ink

Accessories: clear embossing powder, dimensionals,
velvet ribbon (May Arts), paper piercer, key tag punch


Edited to Add: Whoopsie ... Evidently, I was keeping my eye on the wrong thing (computer screen), and turned to see that my darling little 9-month-old had gotten a hold of this card ... take a look at it now ...



A little extra dimension and some good ol' distressing never hurt anything, right? Sigh. But really, could YOU be provoked by a face like this? (And yes, I'm indulging in a little proud mama moment!)

12 comments:

Marilyn said...

Love this clean and simple look - and the cut out of the blossom was perfect! You always inspire me with your creations!!

Kerry Johnson said...

Oh my - this is gorgeous!! Love, love, love the simplicity, yet all the details too!

Jackie Pedro said...

How could you get mad at a face like that? Beautiful card, even after he got a hold of it!! LOL!

Alhambra Club said...

This is beautiful, so soft and elegant.

Anonymous said...

awww! sweet lil' one! and a cute card, of course!

Tracy said...

gorgeous card and yeah... i could be provoked ....to hug and squeeze that adorable little one - cuter every day! (gosh i love this age - they're just so happy kwim?)

Susie said...

Such a lovely card. Adorable little one.

Anonymous said...

What a beauty! Both of them!!

Silke Ledlow said...

He is just to cute!!! I love this age and I rembember the times my Mimi wanted to help me with my cards......Your card is still gorgeous and now it comes with great memories!!!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card and distressing :). Amy, Your little guy is just adorable :)

LOVE the card sketch on Splitcoast, Congratulations for your sketch being picked!

Have a wonderful day,
Jennifer :)

Angel said...

Oh, what a cutie!!!

Jackie W. said...

Oh I love, love, LOVE this card! So clean and fresh with awesome attention to details!