Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Sparkly Mojo



I put this one together for Julee Tilman's Mojo Monday Sketch Challenge. This week, she's choosing two winners who will each get to choose a free Verve Visual stamp set from among the five new ones coming out tomorrow. Very cool prize! You have until Sunday (1/13) to enter, to be sure to check it out!

I started out by painting the chipboard flower with Making Memories scrapbook paint in "Daquiri." I smooshed into VersaMark, sprinkled with Heat and Stick powder, then covered with Dazzling Diamonds glitter. The Chocolate Chip and Soft Sky flower center are made with stamps from Close to My Heart's Rustic Flowers set.

The brown satin ribbon and the blue flowered ribbon (by May Arts) are just threaded through the jumbo eyelets. The rest of the card is straightforward stamping. The only thing you might not be able to see is a large outline-type flower stamped in white on the soft sky background. In real life, it's kind of neat because you can hardly see it at some angles, but when you turn the card, it's a bright white that really pops.

Stamps: Rustic Flowers (Close to My Heart); Warm Words (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Versamark, Soft Sky, Whisper White, Chocolate Chip (Stampin' Up!)
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Whisper White (Stampin' Up!)
Accessories: chipboard flower, heat and stick powder, dazzling diamonds glitter, brown satin ribbon, pewter jumbo eyelets, dimensionals (all by Stampin Up): Daquiri acrylic paint (by Making Memories); blue flower ribbon (by May Arts)

23 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

this card is awesome, love how you threaded the eyelets and blue and brown is such a great color combo, did I say this card is AWESOME

Stampin_Melissa said...

This is awesome! I love the blue and brown together and that blue flower ribbon is so cool! TFS!

Anonymous said...

Your work is amazing! I am so envious of your talent! Great job.

Jackie said...

That is one gorgeous card! Someone is going to have to really get creative to outdo you - this one is a definite winner!

Silke Ledlow said...

Amy - your card is fabulous!!!
I love what you have done with the ribbon!!!
I hope you will win with this gorgeous card!!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Amazing and should definitely win!! Good luck...

Maren said...

So so gorgeous! Definitely Mojo Madness! Love that color combination, the sparkle, the ribbon through the eyelets and that fabulous flower ribbon!

Genevieve said...

This is just gorgeous! So very creative! I love the color combo and the ribbon is a great touch! You'll be a winning a set of those stamps for sure!

Jennifer Meyer said...

WOW Amy, do I dare make a card after seeing yours? Your card is just so pretty and so different! A one of a kind, LOVE it! Jennifer

PS Good luck and I hope to see you win!

PSS MFT is having a cocktail party from 9-11 est. Stamps will be released at 10:30 pm
Check out the link:
http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313037

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this card. It is my favorite today on all the blogs I visit. Keep up the good work.

Kathy

Anonymous said...

Wowza ... you've certainly got your mojo working ... fab-u-lous.

Tracy said...

looks like a winner to me!
i love that blue; the matchup of the blue flowered ribbon, and the sparkle make this card a standout miss

Anonymous said...

wow - fantabulous - what an inspiration amy!

Dawn♥ said...

HOLY Batman! Your card is sooo beautiful and love how you run the ribbon through those holes along with the cute flower ribbon. STUNNIN work of art!

Amy said...

I love the way you threaded the flower lace in with the brown ribbon. Beautiful job!

Angel said...

This is SO pretty!

Tracy said...

Beautiful card! Love it!!

Dawn M said...

this is absolutely stunning! I love the brown and the soft sky together. and that ribbon is so yummy. I haven't used mine yet, but I will now!

laurie serino said...

Wow , I don't know where you came up with the mojo for this one, but can you bottle it and sell it !? This card is awesome !!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Totally gorgeous! Love the colors, embellishments... everything! Thanks for playing! :)

JanTink said...

Congrats on winning Julee's contest...I'm also lurking on your blog, LOL! This sketch was a real winner and your card is GOJUS!!!

Marilyn said...

So glad this card won - it is so amazing - the details and colors are awesome - I'm definitely coming back for more of your creations!!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

This is a stunning card! I saw it on Julee's blog and had to leave a comment for you, congratulations!