Saturday, January 3, 2009

Beauty and the Beastly SFYTT Sample



Good morning friends! It's true, I have a beauty and a beast, today, First up, of course, is the beauty - well, I think so, anyway. Can't go wrong with pink and green, right? This is my sample for today's sketch challenge at Our Creative Corner. You can find the sketch, plus samples from the OCC designers over on the OCC blog. I'm really, really, really excited to help welcome THREE new designers to the OCC Crew, Kim Teasdale, Jackie Pedro, and Silke Ledlow, and this week's guest designer, Shannon Erskine! What talent! And Shannon was even sweet enough to provide this week's prize, a new stamp set called Owlentine by Treehouse Stamps! All the details for how to enter the drawing are posted on the OCC blog. Hope you can play!

For more designer chitchat on the cards, please visit the designers' individual blogs:

Cindy Haffner
Dawn Easton
Denise Marzec
Jackie Pedro
Jennifer Meyer
Julee Tilman
Kim Teasdale
Laurie Schmidlin
Lynda Benden
Silke Ledlow

My card features a Scripture stamp from Lift Up Our Hands, one of the two new sets from Our Daily Bread Designs. I paired it with some K&Co patterned papers, a flower cluster, and a cross charm for a soft, peaceful look.

And now, here's my sample for Jen's Sketch for You to Try:



You'll find the sketch, Jen's sample, and our new January guest designer's sample at i{heart}2stamp. The rest of the SFYTT girls have samples as well:

Amy
Carole
Shannan
Susan

Oh my, I totally jinxed myself on this one - when Jen sent this month's sketches earlier this week, I emailed back how much I like today's, that it looked really HARD, but fun and unique. I should have stopped about 1/3 of the way in and gone with plan B, but I was being stubborn and kept pushing this idea forward. It actually doesn't look as bad now as it did earlier this morning when I {finally} went to bed, but it's still not my favorite card ever!

For this one, I pulled out Verve's Petals & Stems, the colors and one of the papers from my beloved SU Haiku pack, a metal charm, and a sentiment from Verve's Artful Elegance.

Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you have an awesome weekend planned!



"Beauty"
Stamps: Lift Up Our Hands (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Always Artichoke, Very Vanilla (SU), dp (K&Co.)
Ink: Always Artichoke craft
Accessories: SU ribbon, Martha Stewart punches, K&Co adhesive pearls, sewing machine, clear embossing powder, paper piercer, silver cord, charm from Lost & Found Collection by Blue Moon Beads

"Beast"
Stamps: Petals & Stems, Artful Elegance (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White, So Saffron, Haiku dp (SU!)
Ink: Old Olive, So Saffron, More Mustard, Tangerine Tango (SU); Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: SU ribbon, burlap string (Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts); paper piercer, Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder, dimensionals, Spellbinders tag die, Around the Block metal charm

39 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Oh - Amy - your card with the new ODBD is FANTASTIC!!!! Perfect take on the OCC Sketch!!!

Jen's Sketch is awesome too - what a fun designed card - so much detail - I love it!!!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

They're both beauties in my book, Amy, but I totally KWIM re: being too stubborn to change the plan when something's not looking 'right' to you and MAKING it work!!! hee! It's definitely worth the effort, though.

Cindy Haffner said...

Both cards are gorgeous.

Danielle said...

Amy - your card is stunning! Loving the colours and the sketch layout is wonderful! Love it.

Anonymous said...

Both of these are fabulous and I have to say the second one IS one of my all time faves!! You did awesome!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Amy your OCC card is just Gorgeous!! Love the verse and your colors!! Sorry your sfytt card was the beast!LOL! Fun colors!!

Denise Marzec said...

Yeah, Jen's sketch looks like a challenge this week. Good for you for sticking with it! I looooove your OCC card. That flower, ribbon, charm combo is amazing!

pescbrico said...

Your cards are stunning as usual! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

both of these are AMAZING!

BLJ Graves Studio said...

Both your cards are fabulous!!!

Cheryl said...

OH WOW,They are just beautiful!! I really love looking at your blog,it is fantastic.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Hi Amy :) Your OCC card is just stunning! I LOVE the gorgeous detail and beautiful colors.

Your second card is fabulous, what a neat sketch, you totally rocked it!

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Your beauty and a beast line just cracked me up. Your OCC card is simply stunning, but I like the funky happy vibe of the SFYTT card too. I really don't think COULD make an actual beast of a card! Have a great weekend!

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, your OCC card is gorgeous. Love the softness of those colours together. Very pretty!
Your SFYTT card is fun and fabulous. Love the rich colours!!

Lisa Hjulberg said...

OMGosh, Amy, both cards are amazing! They show what a broad range of talent you have... first for the subtle and elegant and then for the brighter, funkier look. I love them both!

Shannan Teubner said...

Your cards are both fabulous! That sketch was tough, I agree!! But you did it proud. :)

Hugs!

June Houck said...

Wow wow wow! The Abe Lincoln card is so perfectly put together and the flowers card is really fun. Both are gorgeous, as usual :)

Nancy said...

Both cards are wonderful, but I really LOVE that first one! Perfect colors.

Jackie Pedro said...

Both are beauties in my book!!

Betty Wright said...

Both are wonderful, Amy!!!!! Love the colors and sereneness of the top card and quote with all of your luxury detailing. The second card has great colors, textures, and dimension. Love the boldness on this one. Great work!!!!

Kathy Jones said...

Ooooooh, both cards are beautiful, but that pink and green one really appeals to me! It is just gorgeous!!!

Linda Carson said...

WOW! Your artistic talent knows no bounds!

Jessie/knightrone said...

You are crazy girl, they are both AWESOME!! I love the first one more, it is so soft and pretty, but the second one is still fabulous!!

Lynda Benden said...

Both cards are beautiful Amy! I REALLY LOVE how you did the flowers, stems and charm on the OCC card ~ SO beautiful!

Anonymous said...

BOTH of these are gorgeous! The first one is breath taking!! Do you remember where you got the cross charm? It's perfect! The second is so much fun it brings a smile to my face. Great job on both!

Anonymous said...

These are both gorgeous cards!!! I love all your work!!

- Hannah

Unknown said...

That pink and green card took my breath away when I saw it on OCC.
It's one of the prettiest cards in blog-land.
Viv xx

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh my goodness!! Both of those cards are AMAZING!
Happy New Year!

Nancy Riley said...

A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!!! Amy, you have an incredible talent for achieving a perfect balance with alot of elements and embellishments. Your cards truly are pieces of art!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Jen's sketch card is absolutely outstanding, perfection at its best!

Lorelie Kim said...

Amy, your creations are always wonderfully creative! You are a tru stamping artist!!

Jami said...

These are both stunning - in true Amy style!!I love that cluster of flowers, leaves and cross on the first one. I adore that second card with the warm colors and all those little orange bows tied so perfectly!!!
hugs, Jami

Anonymous said...

Both of your cards look amazing, but I especially like the first one with pink & green. TFS. Have a great New Year.
JoAnn B. scrappingnana4@yahoo.com

Cindy Lawrence said...

I feel your pain, Amy! Been there...done that! But, girl, YOU couldn't make a "beast" of a card if you were blind-folded with one hand tied behind your back! The top card is BREATH-TAKING...just gorgeous! ...and your "beast" is truly beautiful as well! I love the unique layout, eye-catching colors, and fantastic sun charm.

jjcreations said...

Wow, both of these are beautiful, simply awesome. I like the little charms on both of them. Joan

Conniecrafter said...

The first card is lovely, my fav color combo, and like your flower with the fern!
Isn't it something how we can not really like a card but someone else just loves it, I think your sunshine card it so cute, love your ribbon stems and the big red bows at the bottom! sure to bring a smile!

Karen Motz said...

Ummm...no beast in my eyes, just two BEAUTIES!!!

Unknown said...

Oh PLEASE!!!! Like you could EVER make a beastly card! {insert image of me gagging myself to sarcastically imply that I hate you for you constant perfection}. This are both great, as always!!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Amy I have been following your blog for about 2-3 months now, I am truly amazed by your work. It has such detail and layers. But it is tastefully done. You have an artist's eye. I've been stamping for maybe 10 years and I am just loving everything you do. Your cards are so inspiring I can't wait to see each new post.
Your banner is perfect too, it looks just like you made it!! Cardmaking is a great place for us control-freak perfectionists isn't it !!!!