Friday, January 9, 2009

2009 Divine Design



Have you seen the Divine Design 2009 Challenge? I enjoyed participating in this challenge a few times last year, and hope to be more consistent with it this year. The challenge is a great way to use your papercrafting to help memorize Scripture and meditate on God's Word. (Basically, you create a Scripture-based project each month, but you can read the "official rules" if you click on the link.) I'd love to create some kind of mini-album or Scripture box, but just like last year, I don't have such an album or box created or planned (where does the time go?), so I'm going with a card. And if by December I still have no album, but have 12 cards, I will be happy that I participated every month! Huge hugs and thanks to Nancy Morgan and Angel Wilde, this year's challenge hosts, and to Lori Craig, who started this challenge last year and continues as a "Scripture Chick" this year!

The Jeremiah 29:11 Scripture stamp and cross image are from a new set that Verve will be releasing tonight. All I can say is I hope Julee ordered lots of these!

I stamped the cross in Mellow Moss and the Scripture in black onto card-stock-weight vellum. It looks a little fuzzy in the picture, but in real life, it's such a nice soft look and you can see the background paper through the vellum as well. The frame, which is popped up on dimensionals is made with Nestabilities. The piercing is done using an Ornare piercing template I got from Our Daily Bread Designs. The black "pearls" are by Kaiser, and I found them at Stamper's Dream.

I hope you can join the Verve Divas at the release party tonight, 8 pm ET, in the Verve Member Company Forum on SCS. And a heads-up to all challenge lovers, Verve Diva Amber Hight has this week's new Viva La Verve Challenge posted, too.

Thanks for stopping by!



Stamps: Jeremiah 29:11 (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Basic Black, Very Vanilla, vellum cardstock (SU); K-ology Hannah Cardstock Pad (K&Co)
Ink: Mellow Moss (SU); Memento Tuxedo Black; Ranger Antique Linen Distress
Accessories: classic and scalloped rectangle Nestabilities, mega curved rectangle Nestabilities (Spellbinders); Offray black satin ribbon; burlap string (Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts); Kaiser black pearls; Ornare piercing template; foam adhesive; sewing machine

20 comments:

Becky G said...

Absolutely beautiful!

Tiffany said...

I love your framing on this one. Where do you get these ideas? I'm amazed by your talent. Just beautiful!!!!

God bless!

Jackie Pedro said...

STUNNING, Amy! The layout and the piercing are perfect!

Joy said...

WOW! This is beautiful! The colors, the layout....everthing!

Linda Carson said...

GORGEOUS...as usual...!

Becky said...

This is beautiful. And yes I went over and will be doing the divine design. I should have put my other cards up for it, because many of them have scripture :).

Stampin_melissa said...

Amy, your card is just gorgeous! This is my all-time favorite Scripture! I'll be sure to check this set out! Thanks for sharing all your artwork. You are an incredible artist!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Gorgeous card and design Amy!! Have a wonderful weekend! Jennifer :)

Unknown said...

Wow! Amy, this is beautiful!

Janette said...

Amy- this is just beautiful and this is my favorite scripture verse too so if I don't win it you know I will be buying it!

Betty Wright said...

Stunning, Amy!!!! Great colors and design. I must remember to make more frames. Love this look. Great card and scripture!!!!

Jami said...

Gorgeous!!!! I love the frame with the ribbons.
hugs, Jami

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is totally GORGEOUS!!

Kimberly's Krafts said...

Amy, your work is so amazing to me! I love EVERYTHING you make!! I look at your cards and try sooooo hard to case them..... :) hehehe...but I never even come close! I admire your talent and thank you for all the inspiration that you give to me every, single day!!! WOW!!!!!

Karolyn at Paper Therapy said...

Love the use of the Nesties - and your piercing adds that special detail and touch. Love your new banner, too!! Thanks for sharing!

Jody Morrow said...

Perfectly beautiful!

Hazel said...

Gorgeously beautiful. This verse is a favourite one that has been a great blessing to me over the years. I've only just found your blog, but glad I have. x

Anonymous said...

So beautiful Amy! I love what you've done with the nesties, a gorgeous design and your paper piercing at the top of the focal image is a lovely enhancement to your gorgeous card.

Conniecrafter said...

Just love this, great colors and neat framing of the verse. The ribbons are neat too!

Desire Fourie said...

This is beautiful and will definitely help you memorise those precious words. Hugs from Desire