Monday, January 19, 2009

Whipper Snapper Featured Designer


Good morning! I have such fun news to share today! The one-and-only Anna Wight has invited me to be a Whipper Snapper Featured Designer for January and February. I adore Anna's whimsical style of illustration, and am so excited to work with these new sets. Thank you, Anna, and thank you Whipper Snapper for this opportunity!

There are two new sets this month, Fish Friends and Friendly Expressions. I chose to work with Friendly Expressions first. I love floral images of all kinds, and the wonderful assortment of friendship sentiments could work well for so many different occasions, or for those wonderful "just because" cards that are so fun to send and receive. I am certain I'll get loads of mileage from this set! Take a look:



Are you checking to make sure you're at Pickled Paper Designs? Yes, I really did make this! I know it's a departure from my usual, busier designs, but I really like the vintage/shabby/a little-bit-country look! I colored the flowers with Copic markers, then added some speckling using an air art tool and a Bordering Blue marker. Most of the layers have been sponged with Antique Linen distress ink and roughed up using an edge-distressing tool. I coated the flowers and leaves with Crystal Effects. The sentiment banner is an idea I got from Anna herself - I can't seem to stop making them! Such great alternatives to the ubiquitous tag (not that I have anything against tags, lol).

Check out the rest of the featured designers. I'm so honored and happy to do this alongside these talented stampers:

Beth Matson
SCS Gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/ematson
Blog: http://nevertoooldtocolor.blogspot.com/

Jackie Pedro
SCS Gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/strappystamper
Blog: http://thescallopededge.typepad.com/

Lisa Zappa
SCS Gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/lzappa
Blog: http://shabbychickjunk.blogspot.com/

Tosha Leyendekker
SCS Gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/stamps4funinCA
Blog: http://stamptalkwithtosh.blogspot.com/

And of course ...
Anna Wight
SCS Gallery: http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/go/sweetmissdaisy
Blog: http://sweetmissdaisy.typepad.com/

Before I go, I want to share two more things ... First, Verve's monthly Project Parade has begun today on the Verve Stamps blog. Jen del Muro kicks off our kid-themed parade with an adorable tic-tac-toe project - you must see it! Second, stop by the My Favorite Things blog or MFT SCS forum to see this week's Weekly WOW, a new feature you can find every Monday!!


Thanks for stopping by,



Stamps: Friendly Expressions (Whipper Snapper Designs)
Paper: Vintage Cream (Papertrey Ink); Buckaroo Blue, Chocolate Chip, More Mustard print (SU!); gingham dp from Chloe's Closet by Making Memories
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories: Copic markers; crystal effects, air art tool, Bordering Blue marker, distressing tool, paper piercer, vintage brads (SU); button (Making Memories); burlap string (Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts); Argyle Cuttlebug folder, sewing machine

35 comments:

Kim Teasdale said...

Your card is gorgeous of course and congrats on getting to work with Anna and her stamps!!! You will have so much fun!!

Hugs,

Kim

DoxieGirl said...

ACK!!! LOVE this! So cute! And simple, and colorful, and... and... okay, I love everything about this!
~Kendra

SweetMissDaisy (Anna Wight) said...

Oooooooh ahhhhhhhhhhhh ooooooooooooohhhh!!! I love it!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Anna certainly has fabulous taste -- this is awesome! Congrats, girlie!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is awesome, Amy! It's killing me that I don't have my stamps yet!!!

Patti Gingrich said...

Can't think of anyone more deserving. Your work is always beautiful!

Jody Morrow said...

WOWZERS! That is gorgeous! Side note: so many of your cards make me say WOWZERS! WOWZERS means I really liked it and probably said something out loud when I saw it. :)

So again... WOWZERS!

Shabbychick Junk said...

OMG! SHUT *RIGHT* UP! YOU ARE THE QUEEN, MISSY, I BOW BEFORE THE FEET OF THE MASTER! You are just unbelievable! SO COOL!

Anonymous said...

I LOVE Anna's designs and your card is just so cute!!! I love it!! Love the colors, the LO, the layers, the textures, everything!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is GORGEOUS Amy!!! Is there ANYTHING you can't do!!!!

Anonymous said...

Seriously gorgeous card! And congrats on being a WS featured designer!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE! Trena said...

Congratulations Amy! I love Anna's stamps too! And YOU do her stamps well!

Take care and STAY POSITIVE!

Shannan Teubner said...

You go girl, congrats! This card is fabulous!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh my goodness! That is amazing! The colors are so beautiful! I love how great you made the CB folder look-mine never does!

Christina Hill said...

Absolutely gorgeous! You are crazy talented. :D

Kathy Jones said...

Congratulations Amy!!!! Whipper Snapper are lucky to have you!!!! Your card is very different to your normal style, but I really like it!! I love the simple style to go with the simple image! Pretty colours and love the sentiment banner!

Betty Wright said...

Amy, Congratulations on WS Feature Designer!!!! This card is beautiful!!!! I love all the details and your coloring is wonderful!!!! Great card!!!!

veronica said...

love your card. esp the crystal effects.

Michelle said...

Oh my gosh, CONGRATS!!!! You so deserve it....I cannot WAIT to see what you create with her fabulous stamps!! How exciting!! This is a fantastic card, & it still has plenty of extras to make it an Amy card, lol!!

Carolyn Lontin said...

Another gorgeous card!! Congrats on being a featured designer at Whipper Snapper designs - they have some fabulous stamps!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Wonderful card and design Amy! LOVE the fun colors and adorable tag! Have fun with your NEW stamps, you lucky girl you!!

Hugs, Jennifer :)

~Lori Roop said...

Congrats!! You are such a talented person! The card is very lovely! I want to stamp like you when I grow up! LOL!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, girl!!! A well deserved honor!!! Your card is gorgeous!!!

Tosha Leyendekker said...

I never cease to be amazed when seeing one of your amazing creations, and this is no exception. Girl...you are an amazing artist!! This is GORGEOUS!! I LOVE the colors, the piercing, and of course your fabulous coloring! WOW! I'm honored, and humbled, to be a FD with you these next two months.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Congratulations on being a featured designer. You deserve it girl. Another Beauty!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, I just love this country feel, great colors and textures, the speckling is a nice touch!

Beth M said...

Beautiful card! I love all of the different elements.

stampingtink said...

It might not be your usual style, but it's beautiful! I love the distressed and shabby look of it. You did a great job out of your comfort zone!

Silke Ledlow said...

Congrats - Amy!!! Can't wait to see what you'll create!!!

Your card is gorgeous - love the layout!!!

Anonymous said...

I just found your blog and am loving it! I really like how in some of your posts you show the inside of your card which looks like a prelude of what you've done on the outside. I'm fairly new to stamping and don't have many stamps so I need simple ideas. But you make your cards look so easy to do. I'm going to have to get some of those stamps with Bible verses from Our Daily Bread Designs. I'm going to try to participate in the SCS Divine Design. :D Keep up the great work!

Carolyn aka Ladybug1016

Cindy Lawrence said...

WooHoo!!! A great big CONGRATS to you, my sweet friend! This card is just fabulous, as always! I can't wait to see you work with Anna's stuff over the next couple of months. We're in for a real TREAT! :)

Jami said...

Congrats on the featured stamper!! I too love the whimsical feel of the whipper snapper designs - can't wait to see everything you have to show us. This one may be a slight detour from your usual designs, but I sure can see your style shining through with all the small wonderful details!!
hugs, Jami

Michelle Woerner said...

What a fantastic card! And a BIG congrats on being invited to Anna's team! I can't wait to see what Jan and Feb have in store for you and what you do with it!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

BIG Congrats Amy!! I LOVE WS stamps!!! What a huge honor to work w/the talented Anna Wight!!

Anonymous said...

beautiful job! your work always rocks