Friday, January 30, 2009

Viva La Verve



Have you checked out the new Viva La Verve sketch challenges? Verve Diva Amber Hight has been putting out some great sketches on Fridays, and each one has a "twist," or extra requirement. And you know how it is with Verve, right? It pays to play - Julee is always giving away something! The deadline for the January challenges has passed, but be sure to watch the Verve Member Company Forum on SCS for February's sketch challenges and get started early. (Do as I say, not as I do ... LOL! This is actually last week's sketch, but I really, really liked this sketch and wanted to try it!)

The three flowers are stamped on some dp by Around the block, heat embossed, and trimmed out. The white layers are all a heavy, textured watercolor paper. I picked up a tablet of a new-to-me type of watercolor paper a while back, since my local store was out of my preferred kind. I ended up not liking it for watercoloring, but it looks great as a card stock substitute.

Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Meditations (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Mellow Moss, Baic Black (SU); watercolor paper (Canson); dp (Around The Block)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko)
Accessories: clear ep, vintage brads, paper piercer, dimensionals (SU); black satin ribbon (Offray); lace border punch (Martha Stewart)
Size: 5 1/2" square

22 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Sooo gorgeous! The colors are perfectly balanced and the images and sentiment is great!!I have got to get me some Verve :) Love this card Amy!

Desire Fourie said...

Just stunningly beautiful and elegant. The less is more colour combo is verys triking. Hugs from Desire

Anonymous said...

Oh..I love how you embossed the flowers and then cut them out. I have never thought of that. Neat-o!

Anonymous said...

Amy,

I check out your blog quite frequently, and I am simply stunned by your gorgeous creations! I hope to someday be able to do work even halfway as good as yours! This card is beautiful!

Stephanie Doan

Jeannie said...

Awesome what you did with the DP! Really ties everything together.

Peace and Luv,
Jeannie

Anonymous said...

Lovely as usual! The color combo is so dramatic and elegant. This might be one of your best. Although I haven't seen too many of yours that don't belong on a "best" list. Your work is simply fabulous.

America said...

Striking and gorgeous card, so well balanced and designed. That embossing, colors, details and the textures combined with that DP are all perfect together!! Well done!

pescbrico said...

I love the 3D effect of the flowers :)

Christina Fischer said...

Gorgeous, Amy -- and so elegant! I love the way you used the brads! :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Oh my goodness is this ever GORGEOUS Amy!! WOW!! LOVE the dp, colors, sketch, your ribbon...every single detail!!

Loved meeting you at CHA too!! What an honor!! I have to tell you, I'm one of your biggest fans!! Truly!! I'm green again today!!! *grin*

Unknown said...

Well....You've been and gone and done it again!!! Surpassed yourself. This is jaw-droppingly gorgeous, as usual. The papers, the design, the attention to detail, absolutely marvellous.
Viv xxx

Catherine said...

Simply STUNNING, Amy :)

Lorelie Kim said...

Oh my! Oh! Oh! This is just EXQUISITE!! I was hoping some of your talent would rub off on me after spending 2 days with you at CHA!

Unknown said...

ms. amy...this is just stunning! i love this sketch, too...i'm off to check out the rest!

beautifully done!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is STUNNING Amy!! I love it!!

Erum Tasneem said...

Beautiful card! love the colours!

Unni said...

Love your work, been looking through yor blog, so much beautiful cards you have made:)
unni

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is amazing! I am sure I say this on all of your projects! LOL! I love your stuff!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Love the paper pieced flowers and gorgeous contrast of colors. Beautiful work, Amy!

Kathy Jones said...

This is gorgeous and so very elegant! i really like your layout and colours!!!

Conniecrafter said...

So beautiful, love the flowers, great design and like the piercing around the framing of the flowers, goes great with the border punch!

June Houck said...

Elegant and beautiful!