Saturday, January 31, 2009

You Have to Kiss A Lot of Toads ...



Happy Saturday!

Today's card doubles as my sample for both Jen del Muro's Sketch For You To Try and this week's challenge over at Our Creative Corner. I'm so accustomed to making cards with one main image panel, so I loved how this week's SFYTT forced me to think outside my box. The OCC challenge this week is to use at least two hearts. The Bittersweet background paper is full of them, plus I added two hearts to one of the toads. The images, from Anna Wight's Fish Friends by Whipper Snapper Designs, have been colored with Prismacolors and Gamsol. The sentiment is computer generated. Here's a look at the inside:



I'd love to give this to someone getting married or celebrating an anniversary. So fun!

For more SFYTT samples, visit Jen and guest designer Kirsten DuBosque at i{heart}2stamp, Amy Rohl, Carole Burrage, Kelly Lunceford, Shannan Teubner, and Susan Liles. To play along, link up your project as a comment on Jen's post. If you upload to SCS, remember to use keyword: SFYTT.

For more OCC samples, visit the OCC blog or visit the individual designers' blogs: Cindy Haffner, Dawn Easton, Denise Marzec, Jackie Pedro, Jennifer Meyer, Julee Tilman, Kim Teasdale, Laurie Schmidlin, Lynda Benden, and Silke Ledlow. To play along, link your creation to the OCC blog. If you upload to SCS, use keyword: OCCC.

Thanks so much for stopping by. Have a great weekend!




Stamps: Fish Friends (Whipper Snapper Designs)
Paper: Bittersweet (Basic Grey); Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Old Paper and Walnut Stain distress inks (Tim Holtz/Ranger)
Accessories: Prismacolors, Gamsol, blending stump, circle Nestabilities, vintage brads, paper piercer, narrow chocolate twill by SU, Offray wide brown twill, foam tape, sewing machine, BossKut flourish die
Size: 5 1/2" square
Note: The sentiment is computer-generated. Font is New Courier.

39 comments:

Denise Marzec said...

Love how you colored the frogs, love them paired with Bittersweet DP, and that sentiment is the sweetest. :)

Unknown said...

well that confirms it! I've died and gone to Heaven... ;0)
Stunning, stunning, stunning.
Viv xxx

Silke Ledlow said...

Totally cute - Amy - the froggies are so fun!!!

Monika/Buzsy said...

What a great card. Love the paper, the cute fgors, the stitching... TFS!

Kelly Lunceford said...

Okay...this is seriously cute! I love the paper, the frogs, everything! The whole thing is stunning! TFS

Lynda Benden said...

This is darling Amy!!! What a great idea, love the sentiment!!! LOL!!!

Jackie Pedro said...

Ca-Yute!! I love everything about this, Amy!!

Dawn Easton said...

So cute Amy!! Definitely a fun layout...will give it a go soon!
Those frogs are adorable and on my list to order ;)

Renée said...

This is soooooooooo cute, Amy! Love the frogs and the sentiment!!

Judy Rozema said...

Your frogs are adorable! Everything about it is awesome!

Jacqueline said...

Beautiful card!! Love the colors and the frogs are sooo cute!!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Fabulous, Amy! Love those froggies, and way to multi-task on your challenges. :) I thought this was a toughie, too -- I like to stay in my comfy box... ;)

Michelle Tech said...

HaHa! So cute! Well, but sophisticated at the same time!

Anonymous said...

Amy, this is adorable!! I love the colors and all the little details!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Super cute card Amy! Your design is so pretty and fun! LOVE the frogs and awesome layout!

Have a wonderful weekend, Jennifer :)

Danielle said...

Amy - this is totally gorgeous! That Bittersweet paper is just divine and is perfect on this card. Love those froggies!!
Hugs, Danielle :)
ps. Hope you had fun at CHA. Hope you post on all your antics at Anaheim!

Anonymous said...

Boy, Have I kissed my frogs!!! So this card is sooo true for me! Love it, it is really a great card!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Simply breathtaking, Amy! Love every little detail, inside and out. And the sentiment... so clever! Have a great weekend!

Chriss Blagrave said...

So, so CUTE! Love the clever sentiment. Your details are awesome! I must borrow your idea for my dear friend that has finally found her "prince". Thanks so much. Have a gr8 weekend.

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so cute and fun Amy!! I am still waiting on my set to get here....I can't wait!!

Anjou Krelovich said...

Wow! Just stunning! I love everything about it.

Shannan Teubner said...

How adorable is this?? Love it, Amy!

Kathy Jones said...

How totally cute is this??!!! I would never have thought to put this paper with frogs!! :) You make it look soooooo good!!! :)

Tosha Leyendekker said...

Is this ever cute!!! Love your beautifully colored frogs, and especially the little hearts on the fourth circle!! Fabulous papers!! And the inside...just as stunning as the outside! Girl, you are AMAZING!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

Amy girl I always love your work, superb job.

Anonymous said...

Those little frogs are the cutest!! Love the DP too!

Andrea said...

Your card is so beautiful!
xAndrea

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Wow Amy! You are so talented!!! These frogs are absolutely perfect with your theme!!!!
hugs,
Chris

June Houck said...

So pretty! Love those dps. Where to you buy all your fabulous papers?

And did you hand cut each of those frogs?

Anonymous said...

Absoulutely darling!!

Simone said...

Really gorgeous! So many lovely details! Great!
Simone

Basement Stamper said...

Love this card, absolutely perfect for newlyweds or a bridal shower! Coloring is beautiful and the sentiment is perfect!

Amy Rohl said...

Man oh man, you can work a card--inside and out, girl! The computer generated sentiment/font is just perfect and a great contrast to the hearts and swirls and in harmony with those adorably sweet toads--love it!

Anonymous said...

How adorable! Ditto to everything said and this card is the story of my life right now. Just so darling and I love all the details you put into your projects!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Oh my goodness!! AMAZING! How cute is that?!!I am so sorry we never got to meet up at CHA! I hope we get the chance again!!

America said...

Creative, FUN, AND amazing!!! Thats all I can say! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, Amy, this is so adorable! The sentiment is too cute!

Desire Fourie said...

Amy, this is gorgeous. Love the way how the creation relates a story. Your colour choice is beautiful. Hugs from Desire

Heather P. said...

Oh wow, I love this!!