Thursday, January 15, 2009

Life's Greatest Comforts

Before I get to today's card, a quick reminder that the January Fan Club gallery is now open to Fan Club members! This month, the dirty girls drew inspiration from our homes as we built a gallery called Making a House A Home. If you're an SCS Fan Club member, head on over there to see the gallery and to welcome in the two newest dirty girls. If you'd like more info on how you can join the Fan Club, click HERE. I'm sad to say this is my sixth, and last, month as a member of the Dirty Dozen. I have been so honored to be on this team, alongside so many stamping rockstars. The farewell is hard, but I'm also excited for whatever fun opportunities might come next!

In the frenzy of finishing up my projects, I neglected to post all of my samples from the most recent Verve release. I'll start with one of my favorites, a card that uses the newest Plain Jane, called Comfort. (Plain Janes are single sentiment stamps at a very wee little price of only $3 each). I'd be hard-pressed to tell you exactly what I like so much about this card - it just feels comfortable to me, like an old, worn quilt or something. The clear embossed floral image is from an older set called Serenity.



I've had requests to show the insides of my cards, so here's a look at this one. I usually keep the insides very simple, with just a few bits and pieces pulled in from the front. You might be able to see where I stamped the floral image from Serenity in VersaMark ink onto the bottom left of the large white panel. I love the super subtle watermark look. (I know it's really, really faint in the photo. It's much more noticeable in real life.)



Next is a project using Meditations. I made this as a full card, but the front could easily be turned into a piece of framed art instead.



Tomorrow, I'll have three Verve Valentine projects to share. See you then, and in the meantime, thanks for stopping by!



Comfort:
Stamps: Comfort and Serenity (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Ivory cardstock (Papertrey Ink); Ruby Red (SU); Classic K Cardstock Pad (K&Co)
Ink: Ruby Red craft (SU); Antique Linen Distress (Ranger); VersaMark (Tsukineko)
Accessories: ivory buttons, clear embossing powder, distressing tool, paper piercer, dimensionals (SU); ribbon (Making Memories); burlap string (available at Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts); sewing machine; lace trim (available at Hancock Fabrics)

Meditations:
Stamps: Meditations (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Night of Navy, Very Vanilla (SU); Blue Awning dp (K&Co)
Ink: Night of Navy, River Rock (SU!)
Accessories: Oval Nestabilities and Victorian Border Piercabilities (Spellbinders); clear embossing powder, navy organdy ribbon (Stampin' Up); Icicle Stickles (Ranger); D'Vine Swirls Cuttlebug embossing folder (Provo Craft); foam adhesive, sponges

22 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow Amy, both these creations are just so comforting to look at. Stunning as usual. Hugs from Desire

Jessie/knightrone said...

Amy, these are both STUNNING as always!!

Jami said...

I love them both! It's funny...your first card reminded me of an old vintage quilt...then I read your description. Gorgeous!
hugs, Jami

Danielle said...

Beautiful work as always Amy! Don't forget to come by and pick up your award that's waiting for you on my blog!
Hugs,
Danielle

Gretchen said...

Thanks for posting these! I LOVE the meditations one (my stamps should be here today) I am going to CASE that one for sure!

Kelley said...

Amy, love them both but the blue Meditations cards is so beautiful!

Michelle said...

Oh, Amy, this are both BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the soft colors of the first one, along with the doily on the bottom. The second one is so bold & striking, the vanilla & blue look so great together. I absolutely LOVE the piercing....I think everyone is so caught up in the Nesties, we are all over looking the other Spellbinders products!! Thanks for the DD reminder, can you believe I forgot it's the 15th? Gasp!!

Jeannie said...

They are both just perfect in every way. I hope my mojo reappears soon!!

Jeannie

Jackie Pedro said...

Both cards are just gorgeous, Amy! I'm sad to see your time is up on the DD! You did a great job in your six months....so much wonderful inspiration!!

Anonymous said...

Fabulous looking cards - Amy!!! I can't believe your time on the Dirty Girls is up...wow - time does fly by fast!!! You definitely rocked the house and I know you've inspired a lot of stampers with you fab creations!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow both are stunning!! Beautiful job. TFS Blessings Renee

Christina Hill said...

wow simple beautiful!

Unknown said...

Your cards are absolutely gorgeous! Glad I found you!

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Verve cards Amy!!
I'm so happy that I got to spend most of my DD time with you!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Beautiful! Always so many layers, so much detail and planning!!! I am always amazed!!!!

Unknown said...

Whenever I stop by, I end up sitting here with my jaw on my chest! How can I describe the daze I go into when I see your latest creations?.....I can't! Wonderful.
Viv xx

kathy e said...

I absolutely love both cards--but then again, I always love your cards. Thank you for including a photo of the inside--I am new to that technique and your "insides" are beautiful.

Betty Wright said...

Both are fabulous!!!! Love the colors, distressing, and sewing in the first one. In the second, I love the colors, the double die cut look, the framing with ornare and flower punch outs. Great cards, Amy!!!!

Anonymous said...

Amy, your cards are both absolutely stunning. Thank you so very much for sharing your talent.

Unknown said...

Amy,
Every card you make is frameable! They are all works of art. I just can't get over how beautiful your creations are!

One of my wondering questions - how long does it take you to make a card?

~Desiree

Conniecrafter said...

Your work just takes my breath away, Beautiful! Love the colors in the first, the lace, does have that comforting feel about it! Just love the blues in the second and that border is just gorgeous!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Another couple of beauties, Amy! Love how cozy that comfort card is. Just fabulous