Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Owl Always Be There For You



Today I have another look at An Owl for All Seasons by My Favorite Things. I'm lovin' this sweet, sweet set and have more ideas sketched out than I'll ever have enough stamping time for! Another thing I'm lovin' is the adorable Chloe's Closet line by Making Memories. I found the paper and tons of coordinating embellishments at my local Michael's recently and can't put it away. It's so cute!

I stamped the owl and a bunch of leaves onto Vintage Cream cardstock by Papertrey, then colored everything with Copics, and trimmed it all out. For the background, I first used an air art tool to speckle the panel with SU Bashful Blue. Then I heavily sponged the edges with SU's Buckaroo Blue. The sun is just a circle punched from Barely Banana and attached over the bacgkround. I used dimensionals to attach the owl and some of the leaves. After I had the card design all laid out, the bottom left corner of the image panel was looking a little bare. I tried buttons, brads, ribbon, but they all made the card look cluttered. I ended up adding just a little bit of piercing -- enough to break up the negative space, but not overpowering or distracting.

Speaking of My Favorite Things ... two new stamp sets are being released TODAY: Heartbreaker from the BC Dzyns line, and Paper Doll Sayings from the MFT Presents line. Some of the DT have put together an awesome blog hop for the occasion -- it all starts at Kim's blog! It's also What's Up Wednesday (WUW), which means a WUW challenge (this week hosted by Jessie Rone and having to do with ribbon), a "How'd They Do That" (this week hosted by Frances Byrne and featuring digital papers - she has some really cool tips and tricks!), and an awesome WUW Hook-Up (special pricing on the BC Dzyns Release Bundle and a free ribbon spool for the first 50 orders).

Happy Wednesday!

[Edited to Add: For the time being, I have removed my post from this past Tuesday. Some anonymous commentors were taking my reflections on the inauguration in an entirely different direction than I intended and some unfair (IMHO) assumptions were made. There are public forums on the internet for discussing the political and moral issues of our day. I do not wish this to be one of them. If you'd like to correspond, I will gladly accept personal emails (my email link is in the upper left corner of this blog, just below my picture). Fair warning - further blog comments on these issues will be deleted. Thank you for your cooperation!]



Stamps: An Owl for All Seasons (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Papertrey Vintage Cream; SU Kiwi Kiss, Buckaroo Blue, and Barely Banana; Making Memories "Chloe's Closet" dp
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa, Buckaroo Blue
Accessories: circle nestabilities, distressing tool, Copic markers, paper piercer, Making Memories button and ribbon, SU Bashful Blue marker, air art too, binder clip and scalloped edge punch

26 comments:

Anonymous said...

this card is fabulous!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love your fun owl, isn't he the cutest, great details and papers.

Barbara said...

What a cheerful card! The colors are wonderful and the sketch is adorable. I like the depth and textures and the note clipped on is a great touch!

Jeannie said...

Luv how you extended the branch onto the background. Perfect!

Jeannie

Kelly Lunceford said...

This is so cute! I have that paper, too! I haven't cut into it yet! I am saving it for *just the right card*! I love this! You have done a fabulous job!

Unknown said...

oh, amy...this is wondermous! i love the colors, the sweet little image, and the scene details. beautifully done!

Anonymous said...

Amy - this is sooo cool - love your design!!!

Michelle said...

Too cute.....I'm lovin' that paper as well, will have to look for it next time I'm at M's. And how great is Kiwi Kiss & Buckaroo Blue together?? I'll also have to try out that combo....every time I visit your blog, I add things to either my to-do list, or my to-buy list!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Okay seriously??? This is FLIPPIN FANTASTIC!!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is fantastic, Amy! LOVE that paper....I will be making a Michael's run tomorrow!! Thanks for enabling!!

Unknown said...

Just when I think you can't get any better, you go and do it!!
Amazing work Amy. Wow!
Viv xxx

Desire Fourie said...

This is just beautiful Amy. The colours work so well together and as you say, that piercing in the image's bottom left corner just finishes everything off perfectly. Hugs from Desire

Dawn Easton said...

Fabulous Amy! I love how you made this set look classy...is that the right word? lol...most times it's more of a cutesy card with these images but yours looks Classy...yes...that's it!
I LOVE all the Chloe's Closet stuff too ;)

reeree62 said...

Oh Amy... so pretty!! I just love it! I was at Mike's yesterday and HAD to have that yummy Chloe's Closet paper!!! Don't you just love it? I got some of the blingy brads to match too....
Hugs!

Anonymous said...

WOW. This is fantastic! I love your mix of papers, and the cut out branch is fabulous! I love how you attached the sentiment with the little clip too!

~Lori Roop said...

Totally darling Amy!!! Love all the awesome details!

You've been tagged! If you wish to play along you can get the deets from my blog and copy and paste them. Have a great day!

Angie Z ~ Duckwaddlequack said...

Oh I love him! So bright and colorful!

Heather P. said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!

Kim said...

wowser Amy!!!! Sigh....my heart went pitter-pat...

Jodi Collins said...

Just delightful Miss Amy! The colors, the layout, the stamps...it's all PERFECTION!!

Kimberly Crawford said...

Gorgeous! Amazing colors! I just got those papers, but I don't think I could make them look as fabulous as you have!!! The dark blue is GORGEOUS with them!!
Have a safe trip to CHA!! Hopefully we will run into each other! :)

Cindy Lawrence said...

This is such a FUN and FABULOUS card, Amy!!! Love the shading and the colors and...well, the whole darned thing! :D

Sheri said...

I love your cards so much..Thans for alway be an amazing source of inspiration. I chose to give you an award on my blog!
http://twitterpatedwithpaper.blogspot.com/

Conniecrafter said...

very cute, love the coloring, and the neat branch!

Stamp and Smile said...

So sweet! Spring time colors and very nicely put together!! You are inspiring as usual!!! TFS!! :)

Anonymous said...

Oh my, one of your best cards ever!!! The colors, designs and accents all are incredible! Love your shading on the main image :D

TFS, you talented girl!!
Cindy