Friday, January 16, 2009

Valentine, Sweet Valentine



As promised, more Verve projects. This first was created with Sweet Valentine. I love this red, brown, green color combo - great for a guy card, even with the big ol' ribbon.

Next is a four-pack of little 3 1/4" x 3 1/4" love notes, created with Hearts On Fire:



And a tote to hold them:



My favorite set of the new release is Hundred Hearts. The sentiments are phenomenal! I chose to pair one of them with a photo of me with my youngest when he was only a couple months old. I'll either slip this into a scrapbook or put it in an 8x8 frame I picked up recently. I have to tell you, it feels strange putting my big ol' mug on here like this, but here goes anyway:




And a close-up of the ribbon/tag/sentiment combo:





Thanks for visiting!



Sweet Valentine:
Stamps: Sweet Valentine (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Riding Hood Red, Very Vanilla, Chocolate Chip, Old Olive dp (SU!)
Ink: Chocolate Chip craft, Riding Hood Red, Old Olive
Accessories: clear embossing powder, sponge daubers, ticket corner punch, ribbon, paper piercer, brads (SU!); Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder (Provo Craft); Copic marker, Labels 2 Nestabilities (Spellbinders)

Hearts on Fire Love Notes and Tote:
Stamps: Hearts on Fire (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Pink Pirouette, Basic Gray, Going Gray, Very Vanilla card stock (Stampin' Up!)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), Pink Pirouette (SU)
Accessories: clear embossing powder, ivory taffeta ribbon, sponge daubers, small oval punch, dimensionals, paper piercer (SU); Fancy Scalloped Piercabilities, scalloped square Nestabilities (Spellbinders); narrow ivory satin ribbon (Offray); adhesive pearls (K&Co.)

Hundred Hearts Scrapbook Page:
Stamps: Hundred Hearts (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Night of Navy, Whisper White, Maine Blueberry dp (SU!)
Ink: Night of Navy, Bashful Blue (SU!)
Accessories: self-adhesive pearls (K&Co); Victorian Border Piercabilities (Spellbinders); heart charm (Blue Moon Beads); paper piercer, scallop border punch, silver cord (SU); ribbon (Pink Hedgehog Paper Crafts); Scor-Pal; foam adhesive
Photo Credit: Portrait Innovations, Leesburg, Virginia

36 comments:

Jekka said...

Amy--
You should definately put your page into a frame. The sentiment is perftect for the pic and your work is amazing as always.

Jacqueline said...

These are ALL amazingly gorgeous! Such great creations! Love them all!!!

Desire Fourie said...

OMG Amy, these creations are just stunning. Love the little and gorgeous little note cards to go inside. The card with you and your son's photo is just so special and the sentiment says it all. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs from Desire

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful picture! I love the new sayings from Verve...they hit the nail (love!) on the head (heart)! TFS

Renée said...

oh, hon, you look fabulous with your little boy!! What a gorgeous page you've created, Amy!! I love each piece created. The colours are fabulous and the detail amazing!

Basement Stamper said...

your scrapbook page is absolutely stunning! I love all the elements of it and it's definitely frame-worthy! Love the colors you chose for it.

Anonymous said...

Amy - you always knock me off my feet with you fab creations!!! I'm so loving your scrapbook page - it's the cutest ever!!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome, i love these stuff.
http://www.clickmycoupon.com

Sparkle and Flourish said...

Truly beautiful creations. Love your clever use of nesties on the first card and the huge bow! I shall be coming back for sure!!
Judy x

Unknown said...

I definitely think you should put your page in a frame...at least for awhile! Beautiful!

Tiffany said...

Gorgeous cards and amazing scrapbook page! How precious. Thanks for sharing!

Jennifer said...

Such amazing work! Your scrapbook page is beautiful!

Sharon said...

Wow, gorgeous creations as always Amy. I love visiting your blog for inspiration and I love your new banner. I've contacted Jami and she is designing a new card making challenge blog I'm starting up!

Jeannie said...

You never cease to amaze me!
Thank you.


Jeannie

Anonymous said...

I've been following your blog for a while now and find you one of the most inspirational artists out there. But today's just really touched my heart and wanted to express my appreciation to you. The picture and sentiment of you and your son is priceless. Thanks for your contribution to the art of card making.
Sincerely, Susan

Kelly Lunceford said...

What a precious scrapbook page! Your son is too cute! I love the other projects as well! TFS

Kim said...

Amy these are AMAZING!!!! Great work! I am always in awe of your work...it truly is amazing!!!!!
Hugs~ Kim

Sue from Oregon said...

All these projects are simply stunning!!!

ChristineCreations said...

Oh Amy...I LOVE the color on the 1st Valentine...I NEED to dig out that ribbon and use it these next weeks. Great idea!

And you and your son....oh how precious! What a keepsake .. you should definitely frame it!

Patti Gingrich said...

Breathtakingly beautiful projects Amy! The Valentine's are just lovely and the picture of you and your son will be a priceless treasure. Frame it! ;)

Christina Hill said...

My gosh I just HAVE to get myself some of those Nestabilities. Everything is gorgeous!

Jennifer Meyer said...

What gorgeous samples Amy! LOVE the sweet picture of you and your little guy (what a sweeetheart)!!

Have a wonderful weekend, Jennifer :)

Jackie Pedro said...

Fantastic projects, Amy! I'm with the majority and think your scrapbook page is perfect! Your son is such a cutie!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Fabulous as always, and that page is DARLING!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my word Amy this is beyond precious!!
--Becca

Kimberly Crawford said...

Holy buckets! Gorgeous projects! I will be staying and drooling for a while!!
LOVE the new header too!

Jami said...

They are all amazing and beautiful...but that little scrapbook page just tugs at my heart! The colors match his little jumper so perfectly!! So sweet!!
hugs, Jami

Unknown said...

I love it when I get a notification of a new posting from you. I know I'm in for a treat, This time you've surpassed yourself. Absolutely fabulous creations to die for.
Viv xx

Becky G said...

Wow! They are all fabulous! I love the SB page. It's priceless!

Mandi said...

I have just spent a fabulous 10 minutes admiring your work. Breath taking designs! Hugs xx

Jane Wetzel said...

Wow Amy! You just continue to amaze the heck out of me!

Norine said...

love them all you should put it in a frame its a work of art
Hugs
Norine

Anonymous said...

Amy, as I go through your blog, I sit here in quiet reverent awe of your talent. I don't know where to begin. The scrapbook page you did you of your son is so incredibly beautiful. I've only recently discovered the Verve stamps and I can tell you I'm smitten! I've made one order and am getting ready to make another. I used one of their scripture verses for an ensemble I did for CHA. I plan on using them in the calendar I design this year as well. They are lucky to have your talent on their team.

Denise Marzec said...

Awwww, what a GORGEOUS picture of you and your son. Very sweet! Awesome colors and detail on the scrapbook page too!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

So gorgeous! I am totally in love with that sweet scrapbook page!

Conniecrafter said...

Love the colors in the first one, pretty tote, love the pearls! Love the framing of your picture, sweet sentiment on the tag!