Sunday, March 2, 2008

Wonderful Bali Breeze Friend



I made this last night for this week's SCS Featured Stamper challenge, which is to CASE a card from Petal Pusher's (Mary Fish's) gallery. I've been stalking her blog for several months. (You may remember she was one of my nominees for the Excellent Blog award.) She is a fantastic stamper, not to mention an entertaining writer. Be sure to check her out.

I didn't make many changes to the fantastic original:
a) change the dp (you KNOW I had some Bali Breeze scraps lying around after this week, lol! I am loving this stuff. And to think I almost didn't order it!)
b) instead of scalloped edges along the bottom of each layer, you can see I distressed the edges.
c) changed a stamped flower to felt flowers
d) added the ticket corners to the sentiment panel
e) popped on three brads in the lower right.

What a fun, fun card, and a great way to use up those scraps!

Stamps: All Holidays
Paper: Old Olive, Purely Pomegranate, Pumpkin Pie, Whisper White, Bali Breeze dp
Ink: Tempting Turquoise, Pumpkin Pie, Old Olive, Rose Red (all markers)
Accessories: ticket corner punch, dimensionals, sponge daubers, distressing tool, 1/4" circle punch, tempting turquoise brads, felt fusion flowers, purely pomegranate double-stitched ribbon

All supplies by Stampin' Up.

6 comments:

Carolyn King said...

this is GORGEOUS..i love the colors and those fantastic felt flowers!

pescbrico said...

I love this cheerful and colorful card! :)

Anonymous said...

Love the felt flowers!!! Michelle :)

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful card! I love the colours!

Erin McKinney said...

Gorgeous card...love the layering, the bright cheery colors, and the felt flowers top it all of nicely!

June Houck said...

Oh, I like very much!