Sunday, March 9, 2008

Birthday Mojo



I'm entering a second card into Julee Tilman's Mojo Madness Contest (how much would I love a free Verve set?!!) I went with masculine colors and embellishments on this one ... hardware, twill, brown/blues.

For the "belt" below the cupcake, I used an older, but such fun technique called faux suede. Super easy! What you do is rumple and crumple your paper until it's soft and pliable. This breaks down the fibers in the paper and you'll begin to see the front and the back separating from each other. Gently pull them apart, and the inside will look like suede.

I inked the cupcake bottom and the frosting part in the lighter color first (Close to Cocoa/Soft Sky), sponged the darker color around the perimeter (Chocolate Chip/Blue Bayou), then stamped, trimmed and adhered with dimensionals.

Stamps: Big Bold Birthday
Paper: Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, Whisper White, Barely Banana
Ink: Close to Cocoa, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky, Blue Bayou, So Saffron
Accessories: sponge daubers, pewter hodgepodge hardware kit, twill, paper piercer, dimensionals, happy birthday cuttlebug embossing folder

8 comments:

pescbrico said...

I love, love, love the belt! Great card!|

Karen Giron said...

This is incredible - no worries about me raising the bar on you for those free Verve sets, ha! You do such a great job with more masculine cards!

Jackie Pedro said...

Excellent masculine card! Love it...

Amy said...

Would you cut it out! How are the rest of us supposed to have a chance at the Verve sets when you keep making these awesome cards?!? lol! They are gorgeous, Amy! tfs!

Diane Gilbert said...

OMG Amy this one is awesome tooo! I think both of them are winners! You go girl!

Anonymous said...

Hi Amy!! I figured since I favorited one of your cards this week I HAD to check out your blog & I'm glad I did!! It's wonderful!! Yet another to add to my favorites ~~ thank goodness for the ability to subscribe to feeds!! Unfortunately, when I find a new blog I like (new to me) that means I have to start at the beginning & read through everything. Seems like I don't have a life, doesn't it? LOL!! (btw I'm up to December!)

Maren said...

Love that faux suede! Just a beautiful card!!

Erin Bigler said...

I love, love, LOVE this! All your little touches are awesome! TFS...