Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Happy Easter - Verve Style



When I saw this week's SCS color challenge, my first thought was "I don't 'do' orchid." I don't. It's probably my second least favorite color (after Yo Yo). But I gave it a go anyway. I actually think these weird color challenges are my favorite challenges of all because at the end (if I'm lucky), I surprise myself and actually manage to put together something I like. It always gives me a good laugh. Like right now. This crazy color cocktail turned out okay after all! What do you know, I do 'do' orchid! (Not to be confused with doodoo, which is how I really feel about this color - still ;) )

I'm off tomorrow morning for a few days in Baltimore with the family, so this is probably my last card until Saturday's Sketch for You To Try sample. Woo hoo for blogger in draft -- I've already got my post scheduled to publish on Saturday morning, 8 am.

Check back later today for some blog candy to celebrate a bunch of things, including 50K hits! I'm very close!

Stamps: Easter Elegance (Verve Visual); Polka Dots
and Stitched backgrounds (SU)

Paper: Orchid Opulence, Sage Shadow,
Basic Black, Creamy Caramel, Papertrey White

Ink: Orchid Opulence, Sage Shadow, Creamy Caramel,
Palette Noir, white craft

Accessories: aqua painter, dimensionals, corner rounder, white gel pen, paper piercer, word window punch, key tag punch
All supplies by Stampin' Up except where otherwise identified.

10 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card, love how you used these colors together.

Shannan Teubner said...

I know how you feel girl, I don't do Orchid either...but you did awesome! Fabulous card!

Jackie Pedro said...

I chickened out on the color challenge this week. You really made these colors work. This is really a great card, Amy! Have fun in Baltimore!

pescbrico said...

i love the colors on you card! Lovely! :)

Diane Gilbert said...

Hey, I know how you feel! I was thinking the same thing! LOVE what you did,you pulled these colors together perfectly!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I am right there with you, I don't do Orchid or YoYo, and very rarely do I do Sage. I basically despised this challenge, but everyone seems to love my card, so I guess I worked it out, but not nearly as well as you did!!! This is awesome!!Have fun this weekend!!

Kristin Moore said...

Amy, you definitly do "DO" orchid- awesome job! It looks fabulous with the black and love the scallops and design in general- cool!

Stephanie Hargis said...

Wow! You make orchid look GOOD! :D

Shadow Darner said...

(New to this world, sure had a heck of a time figuring out how to leave a post. The POP thing doesn't work for me, so I've never commented before altho' I get your posts regularly. Might want to add a 2nd contact option?)
It's so interesting how your style changes when you're working w/ kid themed projects. Like your "grown-up stuff" very much. Wish that when you do an SU project you'd stick exclusively to SU products. For example, on the orchid/sage card, can Whisper White and StazOn be that different from Papertrey white and Palette Noir?

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card! You make orchid look wonderful! I love all the scallops and paper piercing and the way you added the folded tabs next to the sentiment.
Hugs an dsmiles