Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Kind Thoughts



Lovin' this week's color challenge on SCS: Purely Pomegranate, Basic Gray, Basic Black. I stamped the large swirly, flourishy image in Palette Noir on Whisper White, then colored in using an aqua painter and the Purely Pomegranate reinker. I deliberately tried to color some of the areas darker and some lighter to create a little interest. A warning, though ... don't look too closely at my coloring ... this image requires a steadier hand (or better eyes) than I have! To create some sparkle, I went over the flourish, the butterflies, and the photo corners with a clear Spica pen.

Thanks for stopping by. There have been so many wonderful comments in the past week or two especially. Some of them are kind and touching, some encouraging, some pee in the pants funny. I appreciate each one! I never imagined when I started this blog a few months ago how much I would enjoy the camaraderie with so many other stampers across the country, even the world. Just want you to know how much I appreciate you!

Stamps: Kind Thoughts, Stitched
Paper: Basic Gray, Basic Black, Whisper White
Ink: Basic Black, Purely Pomegranate, White craft
Accessories: dimensionals, clear Spica, aqua painter, Michael's baubles, photo corner punch, pomegranate satin ribbon, black ribbon (source unknown), sponge daubers
Supplies Stampin' Up unless otherwise noted.

12 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Your card is so pretty, love how you popped those butterflies.

pescbrico said...

I appreciate you too! :) Your card is beautiful I like this color combo too! :)

Jennifer_GlitterInMyHair said...

This is absolutely beautiful. Love the layout, and those butterflies really POP. Fabulous!!

Unknown said...

i totally appreciate you too!!! and i love blogging too but NEVER thought i would! card is stunning - can you believe i have no black so i can play!!! oh hey, and did you see the giant metal roosters in front of Really Great Finds?!?! when did those get there???

Jackie Pedro said...

This is one beautiful card! Love the clear baubles on the corners!!

Marilyn said...

Love the dew drops on the photo corners and of course the design of the card - fantastic card!!

Melissa said...

So lovely!

Lauraline said...

Your cards are amazing! I come by every day. You are such an inspiration for me (you make me spend a lot too ;) like here, now I want this stamp set!).

Anonymous said...

Amy - your card is so gorgeous!!!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This card is so gorgeous!!! I am a huge fan of your work!! Thanks for sharing!!

JenMarie said...

WOW ~ Gorgeous!!!

Shelly said...

This card is stunning, gorgeous color challenge and I love what you did with the butterflies! You rock!