Monday, March 17, 2008

Late Mojo 28



Yippee, new stamps are in the house! A Verve Visual order and freebie arrived on Saturday and I couldn't wait to play. I paired this image from Verve's Serenity set with the blue and green papers out of Stampin' Up's Afternoon Tea paper series. I also used Julee Tilman's Mojo 28 sketch for this one.

For the stamped image, I inked in Soft Sky, then sponged on some Blue Bayou before stamping. Still getting a feel for these photopolymer stamps, so the sentiment is a little sloppy - sorry (again)! How many times will I offer up this same lame apology before I master these little guys?

Look for a few more cards this week with Verve sets (I also got the Spring Launch pack, which is the three newest sets for only $45). I'm excited about some of these Verve sets, as well as my Everyday Blessings set from Papertrey, because they have scripture stamps mixed in. The owner of the store where yes, I finally did begin selling cards (last week, not last month as expected) is encouraging me to approach a local Christian book store about selling cards. Before I go in, I'm hoping to beef up the inspirational/religious component of my portfolio, and these stamps are perfect!

Thanks for stopping by!

Stamps: Serenity (Verve Visual)
Paper: Wild Wasabi, Blue Bayou, Afternoon Tea dp, Whisper White

Ink: Soft Sky, Blue Bayou
Accessories: scalloped scissors (Creative Memories), slot punch, Blue Bayou double-stitched ribbon, silver brads, 1 1/4" circle punch, ticket corner punch, sponge daubers, dimensionals

6 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Beautiful card, what a wonderful color combo.

Denise ~ Paper Ponderings said...

Wow, this is gorgeous!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Just gorgeous, Amy! Love every little detail. And I'm not noticing anything sloppy about it at all! :)

Anonymous said...

love the colors, love the layering, love the card!

Amy said...

I love the layout on this. Fun layers of the oval over the square and the way the ribbon is tied...perfect!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, Amy! It's beautiful!