Sunday, March 23, 2008

An Embarrassment of Riches



I found out in the wee hours this morning that I'm today's Featured Stamper on SCS. I was already on a high this week from lots of other good news, so my first feeling was actually one of embarrassment at my good fortune. I'm also not comfortable being in the spotlight, so I'd like to express my most heartfelt thanks for all the words of encouragement and just leave it at that. I am truly humbled and grateful.

[Note: For anyone not familiar with the Featured Stamper challenge, each Sunday the challenge host selects an SCS member's gallery to feature. Anyone wanting to play chooses a card from the featured stamper's gallery to CASE (copy), changes at least two things from the original, and then identifies those changes when they post.]

I hope to post an Easter card later today if I have time to finish it, but for now, I couldn't wait to upload another card using the Light of the World set from Our Daily Bread Designs. I used this past week's SCS sketch challenge to make this and I really like how it turned out. I used a combination of Stampin' Up's Outlaw designer papers, which might seem like an odd choice for a religious card, but I'm hoping that the subtle stars on the dark brown piece conjure up a nautical feel and not a sheriff's department ;)

Remember, I'm giving away one of these stamp sets courtesy of Kelley Holland, owner of Our Daily Bread Designs!! But time is running out. Go to this post to enter. Deadline is tomorrow, 9 am.

Here's a look at the full set:



Last, if you're still with me, and in case I don't get back later with the Easter card ... Happy Easter to all!

Stamps: Light of the World (Our Daily Bread Designs)
Paper: Creamy Caramel, Outlaw dp, Really Rust, Very Vanilla

Ink: Chocolate Chip
Accessories: pewter jumbo eyelets, pewter hodgepodge hardware, chocolate wide grosgrain, sponge daubers
Stamps by Our Daily Bread Designs. All other supplies by Stampin' Up!

19 comments:

Rosella said...

You should not feel embarrassed for having a great week and for being picked the FS for today. You totally deserve it. You are an amazing artist! Congratulations! I'm having a hard time deciding what great card to CASE!
Happy Easter!

Renée said...

It's about time! Your work is fabulous and now more people will become familiar with it and you!! That's part of the great thing about sharing it. You should not feel embarrassed at all. I am so thankful for being able to see your artwork, so thank YOU!

btw, this is a great card too. Love the colours and those jumbo eyelets really set off that panel perfectly.

Stampin_Melissa said...

Congrats on being the featured stamper! Your work is awesome, so I understand why they picked you!

This card is so lovely! I never know what to do with the striped designer paper because it always seems so bold to me. I like how you used it but layered it so it didn't overtake the rest of the card.

Susie said...

Amy I was so excited to see you be chosen for the Featured Stamper. Honestly - you so deserve it. Your work is amazing and always so beautiful. Hugs.

Marilyn said...

You SO deserve this honor - I don't think I could case any of your cards and do them justice - you always outdo yourself - and I absolutely LOVE the set you are giving away - I really hope I win!! :) Have a Happy Easter!!

Linda said...

I enjoy seeing your creations. They are all so inspiring. Congratulations on being featured today on SCS. So well deserved!

Silke Ledlow said...

Gorgeous card - I love this new set...!!!

Congrats on being today's featured
stamper!!! Your creations are gorgeous and you already know that I've been stalking you right from the start.....!!!

Have a happy Easter!!! ~Silke~

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on being the Featured Stamper. You soooo deserve it!

melissalance

Shannan Teubner said...

GORGEOUS, girl!! And a totally deserved honor!! HUGS!

Chris Simon said...

What a great honor to be the featured stamper! And you absolutely deserve it. I even played in the challenge today for the first time, and it's because of you!

Nancy Riley said...

Amy, CONGRATULATIONS, Featured Stamper !!!! That is so exciting! I can relate to your feelings about being in the spotlight ... I felt the same way as FS. TRY to enjoy and KNOW how well deserved the honor is!

Stampin' Hugs~
Nancy

Anonymous said...

Amu, LOVE the card. When you do good things it makes God happy with you and so happiness come your way!!

marcyh said...

AMY!! congratulations on being featured stamper at Split Coast. It is well deserved.

And hey...i figured out how to use google reader!

Anonymous said...

I so LOVE this set! You've made wonderful cards with it! Thanks for all the beautiful cards you make...you're very talented (I know, it makes you uncomfortable...but it's true!). {{smile}}

Diane Gilbert said...

Amy, Congrats on being Featured Stamper this week! You deserve it girl!!! I can't wait to get started on my CASE, I only hope I can do justice to one of your BEAUTIFUL creations!!!

Susan (susiestampalot) said...

so cool! and i wonder what the other good news is? hmmmm......

Jessie/knightrone said...

What a gorgeous card, and what a beautiful stamp set!! Love it!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

This card is just stunning. I love the hardware, and think the cowboy paper worked perfectly with the nautical theme. Wish I had time to ink up this fabulous set. It's just sitting sadly unopened on my desk.

nancy said...

Amy, congrats on being the SCS Feature stamper! I'm not at all surprised, your work is absolutely beautifully = )!! Great work with the Light of the World set...I'm ticked pink to be on the dt with you!!!