Oh my goodness! I forgot to add to my post this morning that I won Julee Tilman's Mojo Madness Contest (you know how much I wanted to!), along with Bobbi G! Thank you, Julee (and Shannan, who was enlisted to help judge). It's quite an honor. Go check out her slideshow of all the entries. Talk about some mojo!
Also, I was tagged recently by my friend June (I think I'm the Amy she listed??) and by Sara (sorry, Sara, I don't know how you get the umlaut over the "a" - but I do know what an umlaut is, lol!). Check out their blogs for some fabulous eye candy!
I'm supposed to list 7 random or weird facts about myself. Here goes:
1. I have an equal opportunity sweet tooth. Godiva or Laffy Taffy ... doesn't matter.
2. I am a classically trained pianist. I've worked hard to be able to play fairly well, but have very little actual talent. I wish it were different, but it's true. The romantics, especially Rachmaninoff and Chopin, are my faves.
3. I watch almost no television. I decided a few years ago it was a total waste of time, and I haven't really missed it. Not too much anyway. But it does make me a little bit pop culturally illiterate. My husband and I usually have one show we watch together, kind of our "date night." It used to be Survivor; now it's American Idol. I do make an exception for March Madness ;)
4. My absolute favorite edible is the first home-grown, vine-ripened tomato of the summer, eaten like an apple right off the vine, still warm from its day in the sun.
5. My twin sister and I would get so angry as toddlers that we would hold our breath until we passed out. It didn't harm us, but we did go through a lot of babysitters.
6. It seems I have a large head. I had to order the largest graduation cap available in high school. I don't remember having that problem in college. Must have been all those brain cells I killed along the way ;)
7. I've had two unmedicated childbirths, both fast and furious. My oldest was born 30 minutes after arriving at the hospital. My middle, 15 minutes. My youngest was born after an induction and epidural. It was glorious!
And, if they haven't played already, I'm tagging Cori, Diane, Flossie, Karen, Marti, Pascale, and Sue (and anyone else who wants to play)!
And last, the rules:
• Link to the person that tagged you and post the rules on your blog.
• Share 7 random and/or weird facts about yourself on your blog, we all want to know them.
• Tag 7 random people at the end of your post and include links to their blogs.
• Let each person know that they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.