Thursday, March 6, 2008

Line-Dancing Chickies



Don't these little chickies look like they're having so much fun? I was inspired by a ridiculously cute Penny Black chicky stamp that I saw recently on Paula Williamson's blog. My group of dancing chicks was done with a stamp that I found in the dollar bin at Michael's. I stamped the image twice for the front row, then masked those two and stamped again three times for the back row. Voila, a chorus line was born.

Along the way, I got stuck with my color scheme, so I turned to my yellow color drawer for inspiration. (My embellishments are stored by color, Stacy Julian-style -- I LOVE it!) As soon as my eyes landed on this gold mesh-looking stuff, my chorus line turned into a hoedown. Can't you hear the "Achy Breaky" right now? [If you check out that video, I really must ask: "Have you ever seen that much big hair or that many pairs of tight jeans in once place???"]

I'm submitting this card for the My Favorite Things guest designer challenge, which is to make a monochromatic card or project. Wanna play too? Get right on it ... the contest closes tonight at 10 pm EST.

By the way, is anyone else taking Stacy Julian's Library of Memories class? I'm supposed to be auditing it as an alumni, but I haven't yet made it into the classroom. Is it week 2 already?

Stamps: chick stamp from Michael's $$ bin; Canvas & Crosshatch backgrounds from Stampin' Up
Paper: More Mustard, So Saffron, Stamper's Select White (by Papertrey Ink)
Ink: Palette Noir, Summer Sun, Really Rust
Accessories: primas, vintage brads, 1/4" circle punch, distressing tool, sponge daubers, foam mounting tape, aqua painter, sewing machine, mesh "ribbon" (source unknown, you can get this in the floral sections of craft stores, it's often used to make bows for wreaths)

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

i absolutely love this card amy!

June Houck said...

Adorable and fun. I love this card!

Alhambra Club said...

what a great card, good luck with the submission.

Anonymous said...

That's so, so cute!
Hugs and smiles

Darce Roberts said...

Adorable...hope you win! :)

pescbrico said...

This is really beautiful! I love the texture on it!

Diane Gilbert said...

Amy, they are adorable little chickies! Good Luck, I hope you win!

Anonymous said...

Very Cute! I Love the Chicks!

Marilyn said...

Love the idea to sort by color - now that's a though - love how you used the mesh - works great with this card - good luck with your submission!!

Sandra Smart said...

oh my gosh, this is just way too cute! Best of luck to you with the challenge!

Susie said...

Love all of your cards in recent posts. Your work is so awesome - all of it.

Corie said...

WOW -- your chickie's are so adorable

Unknown said...

TOO stinkin' cute Amy!! you just HAD to mention the MFT challenge so of course i now feel the need to get something together!! ha ha!! good luck!

Stephanie Hargis said...

Amy, this card is great! Good luck with the submission! You deserve to win! :D I seriously can't believe you found this stamp in the dollar bin! I love checking that bin but never find something that cute! Thanks for sharing!

Katie said...

Love that stamp! I sure wish I could find it at MY Michael's! Yes, it's week 2...but not that I've visited the classroom either. Oops! Sick kids do that to you, don't they?

Anonymous said...

This is to adorable

smallcity