Monday, March 3, 2008

Friendship Blooms over Afternoon Tea



I got to play with a few new products this weekend. First, I successfully used rub-ons! I've used them for scrapbooking many times, but for some reason I've choked when trying to use them on a card. The fact that they were "free" helped take the edge off the anxiety. (But just the edge, lol, it's still a big commitment ... no "do-overs.")

Second, I used some of those dew drop-style clear 'baubles' from Michael's. Have you heard about these? You find them near the floral arranging section, close to the flat, clear marbles that you put down inside your flower vase. I love the dew drop look, so these will be just fine (although I do have some real dew drops coming!).

The flower is in two layers. Each layer is watercolored and raised up on dimensionals. The bottom layer is gently curled downward and the top layer is gently curved upward. It gives the flower lots of dimension. I added dots of clear glitter glue to the centers of each flower and dotted each petal of the larger flower. The two smaller popped up flowers are paper-pieced from the same striped pattern I used on the back horizontal panel.

The layout comes from Beate's Weekend Sketch Challenge #37. It's a fun one! Be sure to check it out if you like sketches.

Stamps: Friendship Blooms, Stitched
Paper: Soft Sky, Chocolate Chip, Papertrey's white
Ink: Timber Brown Staz-On, Chocolate Chip, Soft Sky
Accessories: clear baubles from Michael's, clear glitter glue, Spica clear glitter pen, dimensionals, Love & Happiness rub-ons, corner rounder, sponge daubers, aqua painter, white gel pen
All supplies Stampin' Up, unless otherwise specified.

30 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

what a beautiful card, the rub ons and dew drops are great, love the flowers.

Erin McKinney said...

Beautiful! The dew drops look great!

Anonymous said...

Amy, this looks absolutely amazing! I LOVE everything about it.
Hugs and siles

Nancy said...

Absolutely Beautiful!

Anonymous said...

This caught my eye today on SCS- LOVELY!

Marilyn said...

Love the colors of this card! Those dew drops are so amazing too - I've got some and I use them all the time - this is an awesome card with Beate's sketch!!

Maren said...

Gorgeous! Love that stitched background and your rubons!!

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Fabulously gorgeous! Love everything about it. Off to finalize my order so I can get some "free" rubons too! :)

Jackie Pedro said...

Amy, this is GORGEOUS! Love the color combo!!

Diane Gilbert said...

BEAUTIFUL! I LOVE this card, everything about it is awesome!~ TFS

June Houck said...

GORGEOUS!!!!

Stampin_Melissa said...

Wow, this is a beautiful card, I just love the color!

carole (TruCarMa) said...

This is just STUNNING, Amy! Man, you're good! Now I understand why Jen was saying she had a 'stamping crush' on you!!! I think I might, too... ; )

Darce Roberts said...

This GORGEOUS, Amy! WOW! I have looked twice at Michael's and cannot find these "baubles" anywhere. All the ones I find are BIG... :( I have one bottle of Dew Drops and I LOVE them! Guess I'll just have to order more! I haven't been brave enough to use rub-ons yet either...guess we both have commitment issues! LOL

Unknown said...

beautifully done, amy! i need to use rub-ons more often....thanks for the inspiration!

pescbrico said...

You did great on this sketch! The colors are so beautiful together. I love the embossing on the flower! Bravo! :)

Anonymous said...

Amy - your card is absolutely fabulous!!! It's a beauty!!!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Amy, LOVE the dew drops and stunning detail. Jennifer :)

Unknown said...

This is so prett! I absolutely love it. Makes me want to try my rub-ons too!

Libby Hickson said...

This is so gorgeous! You are inspiring me to actually use my SU rub-ons I've been "collecting". :-)

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card! Love all the layers and elements Another fabulous card...you are amazing!

Unknown said...

Absolutely gorgeous! Love your color choices, and the layout is perfect for this! Fabulous work, I love every single detail!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous card and a wonderful layout. Can't find the dew drops at Mike's...will have to check again...maybe they don't cross the border!

Anonymous said...

if this is how you choke using rub ons on your cards, then girlfriend continue choking cause this is gorgeous!!!! I was just kidding about the choking, hehehe

Kristin Moore said...

way to go with the rub-ons- this is just lovely!!

Arcticstamper said...

I really love how you used this set!
-Darleia

Stephanie Hargis said...

You probably get sick of hearing from me but this is another BEAUTIFUL card. I just wish I had half of your talent. This card has three colors but they are just perfect. I am going to have to look for those "baubles" at Michaels The next time I am there. They are cool! :D Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

love it amy! i have the "free" rub ons too but have yet to brave them - i have NEVER touched one before! have already sent word to stacey to order this paper set for me - i ADORE the colors. i played around with this sketch this morning too but not enough time to finish it... maybe tomorrow!

Stephanie said...

gorgeous!

Carmen said...

Another awesome card!