Saturday, March 8, 2008

It's SFYTT Time



It's Saturday already, and time for another Jen del Muro "Sketch for You to Try." Be sure to visit i{heart}2stamp to see the sketch, Jen's sample, and guest designer Joanne Basile's sample. Then head over to see what Carole, Shannan, and Susan have put together. If you upload to SCS, remember to use keyword SFYTT, so everyone can see all the projects in one place.

The chick stamp is the same one I used a couple days ago to make my line-dancing chicks. It came from the Michael's dollar bin. I think it's just too adorable! I used circle nestabilities for the focal point image (Jen's sketch shows an oval, by the way). The ribbon slide comes from the new Styled Silver hodgepodge hardware kit. I dotted a circle of liquid pearls onto the slide to go along with the pearls elsewhere on the card (which come from the Pretties kit). The flowers are from the Heavenly line by Prima. For the centers of each flower, I used a decorative brad (again from the Styled Silver HPH kit) topped with a half pearl.

Stamps: Chick (Studio G, Michael's $1 bin)
Paper: Certainly Celery, Regal Rose, stamper's select white (by Papertrey), dp from the Delightful simply scrappin kit (I think it was one of last year's Sell-A-Bration selections?)
Ink: Summer Sun, Really Rust, Soft Sky
Accessories: Pretties kit, Styled Silver hodgepodge hardware kit, classic and scalloped circle nestabilities (by Spellbinders), aqua painter, dimensionals, scallop scissors (by Creative Memories), rose 1/4" grosgrain, celery 5/8" grosgrain

7 comments:

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Sooo cute, Amy! I love the ribbon slide and those yummy flowers -- what a lucky chick to have such gorgeous details to back her up!

Shannan Teubner said...

Sooo cute! I can't believe this is a $1 stamp!

Jen said...

What a great card, that chick is so cute!!

Carolyn King said...

Oh my...that is just adorable. I love how you embellished this beauty!

Lastel said...

This is so pretty and adorable , love it !

June Houck said...

Very sweet!

JenMarie said...

This is SO CUTE, I have this little guy, thanks for the inspiration!