Friday, March 7, 2008

PTO Projects



It's that time of the month ... teacher appreciation time. The teachers and staff will get these little leprechauns next Friday, right before Spring Break. Let me give credit on this one, 'cause it sure didn't come out of my brain ...

The face and hat idea (almost the whole thing is done with punches, by the way) came from Regina Cornelius. The pot part was inspired by a cute little snowman hat project that Toni Ellison made for our upline's group meeting back in the fall. The idea of having the leprechaun holding the pot came from an Oriental Trading Company craft project.

[Update: The pot is holding a green bead necklace (think Mardi Gras-style). Oneof the other committee members found a big black pot of 72 necklaces on sale this week at Party City. Our budget is only about $20/month for 62 staff, so we're always on the lookout for bargains. We may also stick two plastic gold coins in there (the chocolate ones got too costly). It will be something a little different from their usual candy treats. Also, I've tried to match up each punch with the project part in the list below, but if you have other questions or if I missed something, just ask!]

Punches: 1/4" square (belt buckle), word window (hat brim, arms, legs), 1 3/8" circle (face), scallop punch (hair/beard), large tag (hat, body, bottom of pot), three for you (hands), standard office hole punch (nose). The pot is just a loop of black paper, and the hat band just a tiny strip of black paper.

This next project is a quick and super simple gift certificate holder for various staff (custodial, secretaries, nurse) on their "day." I'll give you three guesses what our school colors are ;)



Supplies: red card stock, white card stock, red ink, Seeing Stars stamps by Verve Visual, All Holidays 'thank you' stamp by Stampin' Up, red gingham ribbon, swiss dots cuttlebug folder, 1" circle punch, large star punch

And now a Friday funny ... I sent this note to school with my son today.
first page:


second page:


Tee he he. You have a great weeekend, too!

[Update: It was my turn to exhale this morning, too. A mom does not like to see the school's number on caller ID at 8:00 am! (I've gotten a call from the principal once already this year -- NOT fun.) Fortunately, it was just Cole's teacher, calling to tell me I "got" him, and thanks for the laugh. Whew!]

8 comments:

Regina Cornelius regcorn@zoominternet.net said...

OH AMY!!!! this pot holding leprechan is adorable!!! now i will have to case this! wowzers....i luv it!!! what, can i ask, do you have in his little pot? and what are his little feet made from? his arms - ww punch? hands- (i think) are three for you punch? you are too clever!

Anonymous said...

Amy, your projects look fantastic!!!!
You cracked me up with the note you sent to school! Too funny!
Have a great weekend! Hugs and smiles

Tracey said...

That note made me laugh! I love the red gift card holder. ~:-)

Melissa said...

Fabulous!

Unknown said...

super duper cute projects! your note cracked me up too. oh and do i ever feel your pain about seeing the school's number on the caller id. with one almost out of high school i have seen it several times :P

Marisa said...

This little guys is adorable!!! I have an Irish friend who is a teacher and may just have to try this for her. Loved the note too :)

Anonymous said...

Your note was too funny...although where I live (Raleigh, NC) those are fighting words this time of year. People here (I'm a transplant) take their basketball sooooooooooo serious, it scares me a bit.

Super cute gift card holder.

Shawn K.

AJ said...

toooo funny!! I *know* what you mean about the schools number showing up on caller id~ I have had my share of phone calls for the year as well.
:)