Saturday, April 30, 2011

You've Been So Sweet


I've surely mentioned before how much I like the newest batch of Spellbinders dies. For today's card, I started out with the Fleur de Lis Doily Accents Shapeabilities set and a scrap of a seed packet pattern from Webster's Pages Spring Market Petite Papers collection. I dressed up the seed packet strip with the Fleur de Lis border, some zigzag stitching, burlap string, and a gathered piece of trim from Webster's Pages Spring Market Trim Card. I didn't want to cover up too much of the pattern, so I chose a small circular sentiment from JustRite's Vintage Floral Labels that fit perfectly within one of the Fleur de Lis Doily Accents die-cuts. To add a little interest, I used Classic Circle Nestabilities dies to cut the "You've Been So Sweet" portion of the sentiment (stamped in black) into a ring, which I then popped up over the same sentiment stamped in sage.

Have a great weekend, friends!




Stamps: Vintage Floral Labels (JustRite)
Paper: Webster's Pages Spring Market Petite Papers, Papertrey Kraft and Rustic Cream card stock
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Bundled Sage and Vintage Photo Distress Inks
Accessories: Spellbinders Fleur De Lis Doily Accents Shapeabilities and Classic Circle Nestabilities, Webster's Pages Spring Market Trim Card, May Arts natural burlap string, Papertrey button, Maya Road fabric flower trim, paper piercer, needle, thread, foam adhesive
Size: 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

19 comments:

Sherry Cheever said...

Gorgeous card!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous as always, Amy!

Tanja E. said...

So beautiful!!

Katrin said...

Чудесная открытка! Люблю ваши работы! В них всегда много интересных деталек!!!

Linda said...

Stunning....what a beautiful mix of colours....love all the cream! - and the Spellbinder shapes look gorgeous Amy.

Anne Tussing said...

Very pretty! Love all the Fleur de Lis!

Marimer said...

Beautiful these latest cards, good and above all, are always spectacular and perfect, I love this new style shabby-vintage you're doing, or at least how I see it, is precious and you do film.
Besitos.

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

Very pretty with a femine, vintage feel! Blessings, Sharon

Kerry Piader said...

Another outstanding card Amy!!!!! I bought those Fleur de Lis Shapabilities recently and boy did you motivate me to use them with this card. Thanks so much for your constant inspiration.

Connie B. said...

Absolutely love this card. The use of the border punches and lace is perfect. Great work..

Terri Daugherty said...

Amy, this is a fabulous card! I love the seed packet strip with the Fleur de Lis Doily Accents from Spellbinders. I ordered them first of April and later found out they were backordered till the end of April. Now that's it's May, I guess I'll be stalking the mailman daily! I love your card but then again, I love all your cards!!

Magento Themes said...

Amazing card!!! I just love this one. I like this design and lace work. The flower and knots are really cute work.. Nice colors.
Thanks for this great blog.

Becky said...

This is just stunning girl!! Love all the fabulous details in this card. Just Gorgeous..:)

Elena said...

Wow! This card is so beautiful! I love how you added zig-zag stitching and gathered the trim! Twine bow and button are so cute here!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog! :)

Jen Shults said...

this is just beautiful Amy. Those papers are just fantastic and I LOVE the sentiment treatment. Fabulous and inspiring as always!!

Conniecrafter said...

Fantastic, love everything about it, love the border, lace, images and that great sentiment tag

Katya Tarasova said...

Очень красивая открытка! Мне нравятся все ваши работы!

Oliwiaen said...

I'm speechless.... O.O

Julie Ranae said...

Absolutely beautiful!!