Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lil' Inker Designs -- Pinwheel Die!

If, by chance, you have not yet seen the new pinwheel die and coordinating stamp set that Laura Pryor of Li'l Inker Designs has come up with, then allow me the pleasure of introducing it to you...


Is it not the cutest thing ever?! I think this is just a supremely clever idea for a die! And the sentiments in the coordinating stamp set are adorable! Now, I know you can make a four-point pinwheel out of a square of paper, but I love the curvy design of this way better, and I love that you can make it as full as you want just by adding extra die-cut pieces (I used six here).

Here's a close-up:


I followed the instructions Laura has posted on her blog, and found it quick and easy to put together. I can't wait to play around with this some more! I think these would make great flowers or bows for packages, too -- just add a few more pieces for a fuller look.

Here's something cool. As I was setting up my links just now, I noticed that Lil' Inker Designs is sponsoring the current Color Throwdown Challenge and that the Color Throwdown DT is featuring the pinwheel die. So hop on over to the Color Throwdown blog for lots more pinwheel inspiration!

I hope to play along with CTD another time, but for today, I've played along with this week's  Embellish challenge. Love these yellow and aqua colors!!


And {twist my arm, why don't ya}, the added requirement is crochet trim! I ended up using three different trims -- one of them I ruffled just a little for some added interest.



Thanks so much for stopping by!






Stamps: Pinwheel (Lil' Inker Designs)
Paper: Pink Paislee Hometown Summer, Papertrey Kraft
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Lil' Inker pinwheel die, MFT Jumbo Scallops Dienamics die, Maya Road Bone White Vintage Crochet Trim, Melissa Frances trim, Wright's trim, Wilton lollipop stick, Jillibean Soup Frames Corrugated shapes, Papertrey buttons, May Arts burlap string
Size: 3 3/4" x 5 1/2"

29 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeeee! That pinwheel is just super cute! Going to have to keep my eyes peeled for that die ;)
And your trims are all perfect - tfs! Hugs, Ruth S

Laura Pryor said...

Amy! This is hands down, jaw droppingly AMAZING!!! Sometimes I am so clueless. I totally could have shared the CTD colors for today(with some permission, of course)! Duh! Where is my head? Either way this is so gorgeous and amazing and I can't thank you enough for the wonderful things you said and how beautifully you've put this all together! Thank you so much!!!

Marisa said...

Fabulous as always :) Love the corrugated circle and the lace trim is fabulous.

Sheree said...

Wow!!! This card is incredible! I LOVE the colours and layout. The pinwheel looks beautiful!

Anita Kehn said...

That pinwheel is way tooooooo cute! Just thinking that it could be made into a fridge magnet. Maybe using a popsicle stick instead of a lollipop stick so a magnet would glue on easier. Love all your cards ~ just found your blog several weeks ago and since have ordered several stamp sets from Verve. All because of you!!

LeAnne said...

Sweet, Amy! Love what you did with the pinwheel!

Josefina said...

I like your beautiful work.
I congratulate them.
have a good day
Josefina
tijeras y cuchara wordpress.com

Julie said...

Well, this pretty much is the cutest thing ever. I love what you did with these colors! The pinwheel is absolutely perfect!

Pretty Paper Junkie said...

Your pretty little card just cost me.
Love, love it!

Deb (dcorder) said...

I just love that cute little pinwheel. So SPRING!!

Nicole said...

Thanks for sharing! I had to go pick up that die. LOVE IT. As well as your card! It's fabulous.

Susie said...

Darling Amy! I'm so glad someone's come out with a pinwheel die! I'm a little behind on my comments but will get caught up soon. Have a blessed Easter and stay dry. Hopefully Virginia will see some sunshine soon *smiling*

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, this is so fun! I have not seen that pinwheel die before. Very interesting! Thanks for the link!

BettyBee said...

Amy! I just LOVE this adorable creation! It is so much more than a card :) The pinwheel had me at hello! I love the curved edges, and the ability to add addtional blades is genius! I must have this one! I think these may be my new favorite colors too! Great project! Thanks for another beauty!

Melisa Hunter said...

So pretty! I love the full pinwheel. Great take on this colour challenge. The large scalloped edge on your card is very cool. I'm going to have to try that!

Terri Daugherty said...

Amy, I've been stalking your blog for several weeks now and just had to comment on this darling pinwheel card. I love ALL your cards but this one just made me smile! I had to jump over to the website and grab up the pinwheel die and stamp set (you enabler you!)LOL!! Love visiting your blog each morning while I drink my morning coffee. You always have some fabulous cards for me to drool over. I also noticed you live in Virginia too....how cool is that!
hugs,
Terri D.

Katy said...

OH....MY...GOSH....AMY!!!! This BEYOND adorable!!!! I love the summeryness of the yellow (reminds me of lemonade) and the sucker stick pin-wheel...so..so...CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

Not that you haven't heard this already but it definitly blows me away!!! Girl, how will you mail that...in a shoe box I guess!!! Amazing!

Luanne said...

I've been seeing this delightful pinwhell popping up everywhere. You've made yours in true Amy style ~ just perfect! I have her flag die and stamps, this will need to be on my wish list too! Have a great day!

Kathy Jones said...

Oh.My.Gosh!!! Amy this is amazing!!! Love your pinwheel (I so have to give that a go!) and your detailing is always incredible!!!

Sharon-The OKI StampQueen said...

I LOVE THIS and ordered it right away! Um, you can make them move-thread a piece of thin wire through the button, then the pinwheel, then through another button or bead and then wrap the ends of the wire around the stick! It will blow in the breeze!
Chopsticks are cheap, cheap, cheap and make great pinwheel sticks!
I cannot wait to play with this!

Conniecrafter said...

love your pinwheel and the center to it, pretty lace looks great with that border punch

Cristina said...

*This card* blows me away. :) It's stunning. Thanks for joining us at Embellish!

Linda Beeson said...

That is truly amazing and adorable! I have had an interest in pinwheel designs lately and yours is the BEST!

Wendy said...

Love your card with that adorable pinwheel. Also love it's shape.

Ree Donnelly said...

Amy,
Gorgeous card...I LOVE the color scheme!! So Spring-y! I have that die & stamp set...and am in love with it.
Laura is a pleasure to do business with, isn't she? My order came in a flash!

Anonymous said...

Wow!!! This card blows me away too :)

sideoats + scribbles said...

GAH!!!! That pinwheel is just so awesome! :)

Valentina Fussell said...

eeek!! This is completely awesome!! I love the pinwheel and how you effortlessly pulled together all the challenge elements! Thanks so much for playing along with Embellish!!