Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Miss You Like Crazy



Hi stampers! I survived Spring Break - yippee!! Actually, I'm only teasing. I enjoyed nearly every second the kids were home and was really sad to send them back to school this week. In addition to celebrating Easter with my parents and my brother and his wife and girls, we also celebrated my youngest one's fourth birthday on Sunday. I know it's horribly cliche, but really, where does the time go? Yesterday, out of the blue, he asked me, "Mommy, are you my girlfriend?" Melted my heart completely -- especially knowing a real girlfriend will come along far before I'm ready. For now, I'll just keep soaking up every precious second as the center of his world. It won't last much longer -- that much I know.

Today's card is just a bright, cheery little somethin' to let a friend or relative know she's missed. The sweet sentiment is from Verve's new Hope Blooms set. I stamped it onto clear acetate (I used an overhead transparency sheet from Staples), die-cut it with a scalloped circle Nestabilities die, lightly painted the edges with an off-white acrylic paint, then placed the die-cut over a corrugated cardboard circle from Jillibean Soup. The glittery clear gems flanking the sentiment (from Pizzazz Aplenty) are hiding the adhesive that holds the acetate to the cardboard. Other details include a pinked swatch of patterned paper (everything is from Cosmo Cricket's Upcycle collection), a notebook edge, hand stitching, bling, and some different trims.



In other Verve news ... with every new release, the Verve Divas host a Diva Dare challenge. The theme this time is "April Showers Bring May Flowers." You'll find the rules, prize info, and the entry form over at the Verve blog. Every weekday, beginning last Friday and continuing through May 5, the Divas will take turns posting on the Verve blog with their project and a little info about how they answered the dare. Hope you'll take the dare, too!

Also, just a reminder, there are a few more days to save 15% on Verve's April Stamp Collection. It's one of my favorite releases to date! Julee ships lightning fast, too, so you'll have plenty of time to use your new goodies for this year's Mother's Day cards.
~Offer good through April 30, or while supplies last.~


So glad you stopped by. Wishing you a fantastic week! 






Stamps: Hope Blooms (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Cosmo Cricket Upcycle Mini-Deck, Papertrey Rustic White and Smokey Shadow card stock
Ink: Staz-On Jet Black
Accessories: clear transparency sheet, Pizzazz Aplenty glittery gems, off-white acrylic craft paint, Spellbinders Scalloped Circles Nestabilities, seam binding, Cosmo Cricket gray scalloped velvet trim, other {ivory} trim unknown, edge distressing tool, MFT Die-namics notebook edge die, paper piercer, needle, thread, foam adhesive, black rhinestone flourish (source unknown)
Size 4 1/4" x 5 1/2"

15 comments:

Marisa said...

Love how you used the acetate on this card! Brilliant idea :) Great story about your little boy. Such a precious age. I agree, the time goes by waaaaay too quickly! My little guy is ten and thankfully still loves to snuggle. I asked him if he would still give me hugs when he is big and he said yes, so I'm going to hold him to it LOL!

Niki Estes said...

Amy, this is so pretty! I love the papers, lace, and how you did the sentiment with the acetate over the cardboard! So neat!

Amber Hight said...

Love this Amy! That is such a great idea to stamp the sentiment on acetate and layer it on the corrugated piece, AWESOME! I need to get those corrugated circles:)

Leslie Miller said...

What a great sentiment! It looks so cool stamped on the acetate and overlaid. Love that!

Oliwiaen said...

What a cool look that acetate-stamped sentiment has! Must look even better in real! A beautiful card (as a matter of fact, can any non-beautiful card be found here??)!

the midnight writer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the midnight writer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Connie B. said...

Love the painting on acetate. Looks so cool. Very pretty card.

Luanne said...

Darling card Amy! Love the acetate accent, great idea! So glad you had a fun Easter, sounds like you had extra blessings with your Gabriel! They do grow up way too fast. But then you get to enjoy grandchildren! :-)

Conniecrafter said...

pretty, I so love how you did the sentiment, great idea, I always smear the ink when I stamp on the transparencies, guess I need a little more practice or steadier hands :)

Ravengirl said...

Super cute! I love how you showcase your sentiment! Love the clear acetate backed by corrugated cardboard! Clever!

Dawn Easton said...

Get out! That sentiment layer TOTALLY rocks! Brilliant I say! You had me staring at it, trying to figure out how the heck you did it! haha! At first glance it looks like string or something. SO cool! Your cards always have something unique!

Glad you enjoyed your spring break with the kids!!!

Connie said...

Very pretty card. Love your sentiment panel with the acetate around it.

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Great idea with the acetate! It looks fabulous!
Mackie

Magento Themes said...

Its fabulous card!!! I just love this card so much. I like the way you design this lace and pearl work.
Its awesome.Thanks for this great card..