Monday, April 18, 2011

From the Heart

There's a fun after-party happening over on the Verve blog today. Check out some major eye candy, as each Diva has chosen a favorite project to feature!

And in case you missed the release party on Friday, all of the new stamps and dies we peeked last week are now available in the Verve store. Nine different set are available individually, or save 15% when you purchase the whole April collection. Don't forget the two new A Cut Above dies, Elegant Leaves and Floral Circles, which are sold separately from the bundle.

My card uses the new Happy Phrases set along with the Charming Oval dies. I started with a background panel of a pretty Prima Botanicals 6x6 pattern, then created a shabby grouping out of painted and distressed cardboard, a glittery chipboard heart, lace trim, a Prima flower and a sweet bird. I stamped the sentiment onto the smaller Charming Oval die, matted it with the larger Charming Oval die, and then accented with clear rhinestones. I'm a bit smitten with the whole shabby, romantic, collage look right now. Bear with me if it all begins to look the same!



My kids are out of school all week for Spring Break, so there might not be a lot of crafty time for me. I'll pop in when I can!

Thanks for stopping by, and I hope you have a great week!




Stamps: Happy Phrases (Verve Stamps)
Paper: Papertrey Kraft and Rustic White card stock, Prima Botanicals 6x6 dp
Ink: Old Paper, Frayed Burlap and Walnut Stain Distress Inks
Accessories: Charming Oval Die Set (A Cut Above by Verve), Pizazz Aplenty 2mm, 3mm and 4mm clear rhinestones, Prima bird and flower, Melissa Frances glittered heart, corrugated cardboard, ivory acrylic paint, Paertrey buttons and satin ribbon, May Arts crochet trim and burlap string, sanding block, distressing tool, foam adhesive

21 comments:

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Love all your Shabby Layers. This is an adorable card. Have fun with your family. Wishing you nice weather. We had more snow this AM.

Laurie Schmidlin said...

Amy, you never cease to amaze me with your talent! This card is CRAZY beautiful! I adore all of the shabby elements all grouped together like that! Absolutely stunning!

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

WOW Amy, this is a great card. I love your details. Wonderful.
Annette

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, I love the creamy color!!!!!!!!!!!!!
xxx
Dutch Tulip
Marja

Marisa said...

Love the neutral pallet you used and can't believe all the goodies you got on this card! Wonderfully done!

Marimer said...

Maravillosas estas tarjetas que no habia visto, como siempre con tu gusto tan especial y perfecto.
Enhorabuena, besitos.

Renee said...

WOW! gorgeous! hugz n blessings

Oliwiaen said...

I'm smitten as well - by its beauty!! So delicate and romantic, like a vintage bride :-)

Lana said...

This is gorgeous!

Laura Pryor said...

This is frame-worthy! It's so beautiful! I love each and every element in the grouping and the buttons through the lace are so brilliant!

Andrea said...

You just constantly amaze me with your cards. How do you come up with the idea to put all of that detail on there and make it look so fantastically beautiful?!

Beth Norman said...

Such a beautiful card. You always pull off using so many elements. This works perfectly for a sketch that I have to do, and now I got help. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Fantastic card, Amy! Brings me to the old days with all that beautiful detail!!

Jenn said...

This is beautiful, Amy! I hope you're doing well.

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

WOW! What a gorgeous piece of art!

Ann Schach said...

So many wonderful details! Gorgeous!

Amy Rohl said...

Just wanted to pop in and tell you how gorgeous all of your Verve projects are with this release (then again, everything you do is gorgeous!)...in Verve heaven!

Angel said...

Shabbily gorgeous!! love it, my friend!

Anthonette said...

Wow, Amy, what a stunning creation you made here!

Kathy Jones said...

*GASP* Holy Macaroni - check out all the incredible detailing on this beauty!!! Stunning Amy!!!!

Conniecrafter said...

Love it, great texture in your collage, love that bird and flower, such lovely paper, enjoy your time with the kids!