Thursday, April 28, 2011

A Good Day


April is winding down, which means there's only a short while left to enter this month's Sketch For You To Try. Have you played along yet? The entry widget over on Jen's blog is FILLED with the most gorgeous creations! Stop by, have a peek, and of course, upload yours if you haven't already. The deadline is April 30. April's sketch sponsor is Unity, so one lucky sketch participant will win some stamps from Unity's Itty Bitty Collection.



I've used the It's A Good Day Itty Bitty, which I think is just darling! At the beginning of the month, I went for a boyish, grunge-like look for my sketch sample. This time, I've upped the volume with some super colorful papers and patterns from Pink Paislee's Hometown Summer collection. I changed up the main image panel from a square (shown in the sketch) to a layered set of Nestabilities shapes -- Labels Five with a Scalloped Circle and Classic Circle on top.



Have a great day!



Stamps: It's A Good Day (Unity)
Paper: Papertrey Rustic Cream and Black card stock, Pink Paislee Hometown Summer
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Ranger Tumbled Glass and Brushed Corduroy Distress Inks
Accessories: Spellbinders Classic Circle, Lacey Circle, and Labels Five Nestabilities, sanding block, Jillibean Soup cardboard flower button, Stampin' Up white crochet flower, Papertrey buttons and twine, foam adhesive, paper piercer, needle, thread, pinking shears
Size: 5 1/4" square

7 comments:

Luanne said...

What a fun, sweet card! Love that bicycle, and the colors you used to put it together are so cheery! I really love all the special "Amy" touches! Fabulous!

Denise Young said...

cool card... love the style and colors.

Jessica Diedrich said...

Ohhhhhhhh I. ADORE. THIS!!! GORGEOUS word piecing and your papers are fabulous together!!!!!

Magento Themes said...

wow..lovely card!!! I love this cycle and flower with knot..These are really nice sketches.Thanks for this great one.Magento Themes

Conniecrafter said...

such fun papers with a classic style

Becky said...

Beautiful! I remember the days of my tricycle..Do they even make these any more? The papers are so perfect with this image.

Cheryl said...

Your card is so fun and sweet! I love the mix of papers you used.