Sunday, April 3, 2011

Break A Leg



My daughter's dance recital is coming up next weekend, so I thought I'd make her a card -- maybe a break a leg card to give her before the recital or a well done card for afterward. Either way, Marci Ballerina by La-La Land Crafts is the perfect stamp! I colored Marci with Prismacolor pencils, added some crystal clear ultrafine glitter using a Quickie Glue Pen, and gave Marci a home amidst some sweet Once Upon A Springtime papers by Graphic45. Have you seen Jen Shults's Prismacolor skin/hair guide book? What an awesome resource! I used one of her skin combos today, which looks great in real life -- not sure why my pictures are so washed out and gray - ick. I've tried a million different angles, camera settings, and Photoshop adjustments. Weird. I also started with one of Jen's hair combos, but then switched to a darker one, so I kind of mixed and matched there.

A second skirt has been popped up on the first for some dimension. The pink flowers are Maya Road stick pins. I tucked one down in behind the seam binding and thought it looked like Marci was dancing next to a flower, so I decided to give her a whole garden to dance in!



On the inside is a sentiment from JustRite's You Inspire Me cling set, framed by one of the new Charmed images, and die-cut with Spellbinders Charms Custom Dies from JustRite.



My daughter does inspire me! The way she focuses on her steps, the enthusiasm she brings to each class, her bravery when it's her turn to dance solo in front of her classmates, her {relative} confidence when performing. Hope she enjoys her Marci card as much as I enjoyed making it! I only wish my daughter's costume looked like Marci's. Adrienne will be wearing Zebra stripes and hot pink fire-engine red (oops, it helps to pay attention!) ...  sigh ... I like it better when little girls look like little girls.

Happy Sunday, my friends!




Stamps: Ballerina Marci (La-La Land Crafts)
Paper: Papertrey Black card stock, Neenah Classic Crest Natural White, Graphic45 Once Upon A Springtime designer papers
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Ranger Antique Linen Distress Ink
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, blending stumps, Spellbinders classic circle and lacey circle Nestabilities, May Arts crochet trim, Papertrey ribbon, Prima rose trim, Maya Road stick pins, Kaisercraft pearls, Papertrey buttons, foam adhesive
Size: 5 1/2" square

15 comments:

Denni said...

WOW. I can't breathe, LOL! This is absolutely positively gorgeous. WOW.

Kim said...

This is so cute

June Houck said...

Wish Adrienne good luck for me! Your card is truly a treasure. I hope you frame it and hang it in her room :)

Marisa said...

What a darling image and card :) Hugs to Adrienne for her performance! Do you have a link on how to tie a multi looped bow with seam binding? Would love to learn how to do it.

Oliwiaen said...

What z cute image! I love the colour comco and the dimension of the card. Good luck, Adrienne :-))

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely! Hope all goes well for your daughter, Jo x

Tina said...

Love LOVE this card! But than I love every card you make!

Susie said...

Just adorable Amy! Your daughter is going to love this card. What a wonderful remembrance of her recital. I ((love))the garden of pins!!

Unknown said...

This card is breath taking. I love everything about it. I'm sure your daughter will love it too.

Jerri Jimenez said...

She's so totally adorably precious Amy, just love the glitter on her tutu!

Amy Johnson said...

What an ADORABLE card! I love those flower pins! It looks like she is dancing in a field of flowers. How creative!

Crafty Cath said...

Well I'm going to repeat your sentiment back to you...you inspire me! This is delightful. You have captured the essense of youth for me. I spent so many hours in the dance studio and I have to agree, I like when little ballerinas look like ballerinas. Hope your daughter had fun.

~ Jo ~ said...

Wow this is just breath-taking literally!!! What a beautiful card. Your daughter is one lucky lil lady!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my that is just precious, love the pin flowers too!

Jen Shults said...

This is just gorgeous Amy!! Thank you for the shout out, too! I have that problem with pictures sometimes too. Some color combinations make my camera freak out a little I think, lol. But honestly I think this looks just perfect! I love those little flower pins and that yummy rumpled ribbon. (Where do you get that fine lace? I've looked everywhere and can't find it.) Hugs!!