Friday, April 1, 2011

My Time Made Easy: Keep It Organized


Today, the My Time Made Easy designers and guest (that's me) are featuring another Pretty Packaging Template -- Keep It. If you're organizationally challenged, or even just an office supply junkie (I am!), this template is for you! It's comprised of three parts, a back pocket sized to fit A2 cards, a smaller middle pocket (think Rolodex, business cards ...), and a pull-out drawer below. Additional Pretty Pieces cut files, Keeping Tabs File Divider Large and Keeping Tabs File Divider Mini, are available, too. And then a companion stamp set, Keep It Organized, is available to help you label your organizer and divider cards just the way you want to. Between the cut files and the stamps, you'll have everything you need to make desk organization not just a reality, but cute, stylish, and fun to boot.

The first thing I wanted to make was a birthday card organizer. I cut the various template components out of Wild Wasabi card stock and assembled. Then I cut some decorative panels (included in the Keep It template) out of new digi papers from MTME, Occasional Blooms and Love Defined - Wasabi.



To dress up the box, I added a big chipboard "S" monogram, framed by a large chipboard ring, and accented with some yellow ribbon and chunky purple buttons.




Inside the larger box, I've added twelve Keeping Tabs Large File Dividers, labeled January through December (done with the Keep It Organized stamps). I will use each tab as a perpetual birthday calendar for that month and possibly store cards behind the current month.




Inside the smaller box, I've added some Keeping Tabs Mini File Divider cards, labeled for alphabetic organization. Here's where I'll keep addresses.




For the drawer pull (the drawer does close all the way, by the way), I took a glass jewelry bead, bent the hooks on either end a little bit and secured them to the drawer front with silver brads.


I even covered the back with decorative panels.



Last is a side view to show some of the monogram dimension.

Hop on around the MTME designers' blogs for more Keep It Organized inspiration:

Lauren Meader
Kristin Eberline
Debbie Marcinkiewicz
Katie Cotton
Lisa Kind
Monique Hansen
Tangii Crane


Thanks so much for visiting!

11 comments:

Marisa said...

What rock have I been under not knowing you were a GD for Lauren?! Oh, maybe the two week spring break plus having to work for hubby frazzled mom state LOL! Regardless, congrats and what a fabulous use of this template you have created :)

Erum Tasneem said...

WOW! love this! the colours are fantastic!

June Houck said...

OOOOooooooooo, I love Amy projects! You WOW me every time :)

Carma said...

This is a fabulous color combination and I LOVE the drawer pull!!

wendy said...

fabulous

Monique said...

Green, purple and yellow.. great color combo. Love how you have personalized it. Another great sample using the Keep it template :)

AKiteFlier said...

Absolutely precious Amy - well done - a real striking gift set! WOW

Denise Young said...

that is the most awesome thing I have seen in a while! You did a great job... love it!

Nicole said...

This is one of the coolest things I have ever seen. And yours is gorgeous...just my color. You can mail it to...hehe. Off to check out the templates. Wasn't even aware of them. Thanks so much for the inspiration and enabling!!

Lauren (mytime) said...

Thank you Amy for showcasing this so well! It turned out so lovely. Your work is so perfectly detailed! Thanks for being our guest.

Lisa Kind said...

This is lovely! I love the drawer pull you created! Great colors, too!