Friday, June 6, 2008

Yummy!



I know it's only Spring, but it's hot here in Virginia (90s!), and I can't help but think ahead to summer. This one kinda, sorta fits with this week's SCS sketch challenge, which, so cool for Jen, came from one of her SFYTTs a while back (I thought it looked familiar). The watermelon and the sentiment are by H&M Stamps. Once again, I paired the Swiss Dots cuttlebug and Stampin' Up's Stitched background -- I just can't help myself!

Lady Liberty on this second card is also from H&M Stamps. She's such a sweet little thing! I stamped her on watercolor paper and colored her with reinkers.



A quick end note: I've realized recently I have too much on my plate (actually I've realized I have a small plate, lol!), so I've decided to cut back on design team responsibilities. It was with great sadness that I resigned from the H&M Stamps DT yesterday. But even though these are, for now, the last offical DT samples from me, I'm sure I'll still post fun H&M Stamps projects from the loyal customer role! I'm so grateful to Heather for the design team opportunity - I truly enjoyed my time at H&M Stamps! Best wishes for continued success to you, Heather!

Thanks for visiting today!



Summer:
Stamps: It's a Picnic (H&M Stamps); Stitched (SU!)
Paper: watercolor paper, Garden Green, Wild Wasabi, Certainly Celery, Basic Black, Whisper White, Real Red
Ink: Jet Black Staz-On, Real Red, Certainly Celery, Garden Green, White craft
Accessories: classic and scalloped circle Nestabilities, scallop punch, red striped grosgrain, 1/4" circle punch, vintage brads, Swiss Dots cuttlebug folder, corner rounder

Lady Liberty:
Stamps: Celebrate the Day (H&M Stamps)
Paper: River Rock, Basic Black, Very Vanilla, River Rock prints, watercolor paper
Ink: Jet Black Staz-On, River Rock, So Saffron, Close to Cocoa
Accessories: classic and scalloped circle Nestabilities, word window punch, 1/4" black grosgrain, paper piercer

15 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

these cards are great, sorry to hear that you are steping down but sure you will still be wowing us with some wonderful cards.

Karen Giron said...

Alright, your watermelon card is so stinkin cute! LOVE the bite out of the image - what a fantastic take on the sketch!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful cards Amy, Have a wonderful weekend. Jennifer :)

Becky Carafa said...

These are both wonderful, but I am a sucker for watermelon! Cute cute, looks like I could just eat up the whole card, lol!

Angel said...

LOTS of fun and pretty stuff here today. Where do you find all this mojo?? :-)

Denise Marzec said...

I LOVE that watermelon card. Oh my word, awesome! ...love the colors, the placement of the white scallops, the bite out of the circle...and I can see why your pair the swiss dots with the stitched pattern. It rocks!

Dawn Easton said...

Amy your first card is so yummy looking with that watermelon! The second card is adorable!

Carolyn King said...

These cards are wonderful. I am sure H & M are so sorry to see you go--because you ROCK! But you have to do what is best for you.

I love the images on these cards...you did a fantastic job!

Marie said...

Love both cards but that watermelon one is too cute!!

Judy Rozema said...

Oh my goodness that watermelon card is soooooooo cute! I love the little ribbon tabs! Darling design!

Becky G said...

Both cards are fabulous, but that watermelon card is yummy!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Your cards are fabulous, and I am sure they will miss you!! You gotta do what's best for you though!! BTW, I got my card in the mail, PHENOMENAL!!

Heather said...

Everyone is really right you know Amy! We will miss you, but we understand and know we love you to bitses and wish you the best of luck in all you do. You are a sweetheart and I was very blessed to have a part of you for the time that I did. Thank you.
Blessings,
Heather R.
H&M Stamps

Anonymous said...

Hey, I never got a card in the mail...hmmmm. But I do know that I LOVE this card and this stamp set! Both are just awesome!!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I love EVERYTHING you've made while I've been gone, but that watermelon card is the BOMB! Awesome!