Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Feeling Groovy

Happy Wednesday!! Don't forget - today is release day at Verve! Four new sets are now available, and as usual, Julee has a special discount available when you buy the whole June Collection (37 stamps in all!). Also, be sure to check out the new Plain Janes, a series of single stamps. The first is Psalm 37:4, done in a gorgeous type treatment so typical of Verve!

Today's card uses stamps from Verve's new Feeling Groovy set. When I saw all the super fun sentiments in this set, I almost looked right over the two flower images that are also included. Am I so glad I took a second look, because I love how this card turned out!! I made it exactly a week ago, using both last week's SCS color challenge (Kraft, Soft Sky, Black) and last week's SCS sketch challenge. Even as I was making it, I knew how hard it would be to sit on it for a week. But -- time flies, and here we are today, when I can finally show it!

The flowers are stamped and trimmed, then popped up on dimensionals. I dotted the centers with a white gel pen. It's hard to see in the photo, but I colored in the petals on the flowers with a Stardust glitter pen, which really makes the card sing in real life! The stems are made from a very narrow 1/8" black grosgrain. The sentiment stamp is designed on two lines. I inked each half separately with a marker so I could get it all on one line to fit the word window punch.

Have a great day!



Stamps: Feeling Groovy (Verve); Stitched (SU!)
Paper: Kraft, Whisper White, Basic Black, Soft Sky (SU!)
Ink: Basic Black (SU!)
Accessories: photo corner punch, dimensionals, word window punch, white gel pen (SU); pearlized brads (Creative Impressions); Stardust gel pen (Sakura); polka dot ribbon (Michael's); 1/8" black grosgrain ribbon (Offray); Swiss Dots Cuttlebug embossing folder (Provo Craft); foam tape

13 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

I love how you created these flowers, this card is great.

Jennifer Meyer said...

Darling card Amy, LOVE the pretty colors and sweet design.

Jennifer :)

Tina said...

Cute Cute Cute! I love this flower!

Michelle Tech said...

I love your layout and color choice! Very striking!

Jackie Pedro said...

I just have to say that this is one of my most favorite cards you have ever made...and boy can you make 'em! This is my favorite set from this release and you totally rocked this card!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE this card, Amy!!!

LeAnne said...

Love these colors and that Feelin' Groovy set is groovy! I want it!
LeAnne

Jessie/knightrone said...

So gorgeous!!! I love the colors!!

Mauna said...

Great card! love the colors and the flowers TFS

Mimi Hornberger said...

This is fabulous. I love the color combo. TFS! XO, Mimi

Anonymous said...

Love it! I love your embossed background...adds so much to the card!

Tracy said...

very groovy. love the black/white/softsky combo and all the elements you put 2gether. beautiful

Yvonne Randall said...

Great card. I love the flowers, the colours and the layout.

Marie said...

Ohhh...I really like this!