Monday, June 2, 2008

FS69 Maren!

How fun to see Maren Benedict as Featured Stamper yesterday! I've been stalking her blog and gallery since back in the fall. Since then, our paths have crossed through the H&M Stamps design team as well as the Great Swaps Girls group we're both in. I adore her fresh, clean, creative style!

I have tons of My Favorite Things stamps that I've been wanting to ink up, so this card of Maren's was an easy choice. I kept the stamps and layout, but changed the colors, dp, and ribbon. I also added some layers, piercing, and bling.

The image is stamped in Versafine Onyx Black on Very Vanilla. Her clothing is paper pieced from both sides of a sheet of KaiserCraft "Bloom" designer paper, which I also used for the background panel. Her body and the mat are colored with Copic markers.



Stamps: Serenity Now (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Regal Rose, Certainly Celery, and Very Vanilla card stock; "Bloom" (KaiserCraft)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black, Certainly Celery, Chocolate Chip
Accessories: RV21 and E00 Copics, Warm Grey 10% Prismacolor pencil, Citron adhesive gemstones (Hero Arts), word window punch, wide celery grosgrain, rose narrow grosgrain, paper piercer, glue dots, dimensionals, sponge daubers
Size: 4 1/2" square

11 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

What a great card,love that DP paper and your "bling"

maiahs_momma said...

LOVE this card a lot, very beautiful :)! Gotta order that stamp set for sure, I am borrowing it from a friend right now.

Hugs,
catherine
www.mystampinggrounds.blogspot.com

Our Creative Corner said...

Darling card and case Amy, LOVE the pretty background paper and ribbon treatment.

Have a wonderful week,
Jennifer :)

June Houck said...

Love her! You gotta make some up for the Yoga center or at least let me borrow the stamp :)

How funny that you posted this card and the yoga place asked to sell our cards...maybe it is meant to be.

Maren said...

So fabulous!! I just love your background and ribbon treatment! Every card needs a bit of bling too!! Thank you SO much for the kind words and for all of your inspiration! I look forward to having our paths continue to cross!

jjcreations said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous....I love the colours and all the bits and pieces. Joan

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, this card is stunning. I love that you paper pieced her...that paper is FAB!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is awesome Amy!!! I love the paper on it!!

Julia Aston said...

Wonderful colors on this Amy - love the paper piecing and the double ribbon!

Jenn said...

Lovely! I love the dp and how you paper pieced her outfit, too cute!!! I also love the fabulous color combo! :D

Leslie Hanna said...

Lovely cards! I would so love this image for a guy! A male friend of mine needs a "take a deep breath" card. ;-)