Saturday, June 21, 2008

Take a Break



I am so in love with the new Annie LaPoint images from My Favorite Things. Aren't they the cutest?!?! I love the clean, thin lines of the whimsical artwork, and tried to go with a clean and simple card design to match. The layout comes from Jen's "Sketch for You to Try" this week. You all know I love all of Jen's sketches, but this one is especially awesome! Take a look at the sketch, Jen's sample, and guest designer Dawn Easton's sample at i{heart}2stamp. Then be sure to visit Carole, Shannan and Susan this morning to see what they've put together. I hope you'll try the sketch, too! If you do, remember to use keyword SFYTT if you upload to SCS.

Note: I usually only post once a day, but this is my third post today, so don't miss the other two, this weeks' OCC challenge and the winner of my ribbon giveaway!!

Thanks for visiting today, and have a great weekend!



Stamps: Annie LaPoint - Take a Break (My Favorite Things); Stitched (SU!)
Paper: Always Artichoke, So Saffron, Elegant Eggplant (SU!); Papertrey White
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Always Artichoke (SU!)
Accessories: Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, blending stump, scalloped square Nestability, silver cord, silver brads, Stardust gel pen, clear Spica glitter pen, dimensionals

Size: 4 1/4" square

14 comments:

Alyssa S said...

I like how you accented the flowers with dimension. Nice card - I'm excited, this sketch has my juices flowin'! :o)

Jennifer Love said...

Beautiful...those colors really draw your focus onto the image. :)

Denise Marzec said...

Oooooh, I just got this stamp and now I can't wait to play with it. LOVE the silver cord and how you popped up the bouquet! You rock!!

Nikki Bellish said...

I am always amazed at how darling your card are...wish i had half you talent when it come to making cards...can't wait to see what you come up with next!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Amy, LOVE the pretty design and gorgeous layering on the flowers.

Jennifer :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Beautiful card!! I love what you did with this sketch!!

Shannan Teubner said...

Just gorgeous, Amy!! I love it!

Judy Rozema said...

What a great sketch and a gorgeous design!

Cindy Haffner said...

Beautiful, I love that stamp to.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Beautiful card, Amy! Love your new banner too.

Dawn Easton said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Amy! Beautiful!!

Felicia said...

I really like the way you used the cuttlebuged piece on your card it really makes it pop.

Erum Tasneem said...

I love this green colour! And I just love how you didnt leave anything plain! Gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

As my son would say, "Sweeeet"! This is great!