Saturday, June 7, 2008

Welcome Little One SFYTT



You all know I like my embellishments and layers, but even I have to admit there's a lot going on with this card! I started out with Jen's Sketch for You to Try, which has the fun half oval (or half circle) panel. At some point along the way, I thought it would be fun to make this into a gatefold. The black bow holds everything together. It can be slipped off or untied to open the card to this middle panel:



Then, when you lift that up, the whole inside is available for your written message.



My friend June has been celebrating her blogaversary and her twin daughters' birthdays (waving hi to Kathryn and Julia!!) with some blog candy. To be entered into her drawing, she created a challenge for each of the girls - one was a gatefold card. I'm so glad I get to participate!

Want to try your hand at the SFYTT this week? Jen has the sketch, her sample, and the NEW June guest designer announcement (woo hoo!!) at i{heart}2stamp. Be sure to check out Carole's, Shannan's and Susan's (unless her computer is still misbehaving) creations, too! If you upload to SCS, remember to use keyword SFYTT.

Last, remember the Pez-A-Doodle stamps I used on Thursday? Today is the official release at Pez-A-Doodle Designs. Check it out!

Hope you have a fantastic weekend!



Stamps: Nursery Necessities, Stitched
Paper: Bashful Blue, Whisper White, Barely Banana, Basic Black
Ink: Whisper White craft, Basic Black classic
Accessories: paper piercer, small star punch, scalloped square Nestabilities, cream grosgrain, photo corner punch, 1/4" circle punch, Bashful Blue brad, Swiss Dots cuttelbug, large oval punch, black grosgrain, black gingham ribbon, white grosgrain, Bashful Blue striped grosgrain, sticky strip
All supplies by Stampin' Up except for Nestabilities and Cuttlebug folder.

19 comments:

Marie said...

This is adorable!!!!! I love all of the ribbon and the layers, and just everything. TFS!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Amy, this is fantastic! Love everything about it!

Dawn Easton said...

Get out girl! This is AMAZING!!! I LOVE it! Wow! I'm speechless, and if you know me, I never shut up ;)

Shannan Teubner said...

Girl you are just a genius. I love this!!!

MJ said...

Maybe a lot going on but it all WORKS! Very nice, I love the ribbons. Such a fun card.

Marisa said...

Wow, this is quite a card! Love the different ribbons around the oval - genius :) Your talent is amazing - thanks for sharing it with us :)

Becky G said...

Wow! I love the gate fold and all the ribbon! Just too cute!

June Houck said...

You have outdone yourself! I love the design and I ALWAYS love your layers. The ribbons are fab!!! What a great way to use up scraps of ribbon...

Thank you so much for participating in my blog contest :)

Alyssa S said...

I LOVE this card! How fun that you have more than one card (kind of) in one! :o)

Jennifer Meyer said...

Darling card Amy, LOVE all the fun ribbon and the design layout. Great job, Jennifer :)

Jessie/knightrone said...

Girl, all that ribbon is making me giddy!!!LOL!!! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

aren't you clever! love this!

Denise Marzec said...

Wow! This is awesome. I'm lovin' all that ribbon, and the gate fold was very clever. Aweseome card!

Patsy said...

How creative!! This card is so cute!!

jjcreations said...

This is awesome I love how it opens to expose a whole design. I love all the little ribbons around the outside too. Wonderful card.

stampmonkey said...

That is sooo cute! The ribbon edge looks great, and I love how the black just makes it pop!

Jan Hunnicutt said...

What a great card, I love your use of ribbon!

Lisa H. said...

this is amazing, Amy. super cute colors and the ribbon is so cool.

Anonymous said...

When I saw this card, the first thing it reminded me of was Gabriel's hat! Very cute card.
-Alissa H.