Friday, June 13, 2008

Verve Project Parade

Remember this gorgeous image I showed you on Wednesday? The Verve Project Parade has been going on all week over on the Verve blog, and today is my day to be the main act. Be sure to stop over there for a fun little question/answer session with yours truly. You'll also find all the details on how you could win $15 in Verve bucks. But while you're still here, I'll show you my project:



Since I really, truly love how this one turned out, I don't mind admitting that I really struggled at first. I was more inspired to crawl into that bed than I was try to create a card from it. But after a few days, inspiration finally came, first from the vertical rectangles of negative space between the bed's iron bars, which I knew I could use as a backdrop for my main image, and second from the subtle play between the white sheets, the white walls, and the grayish shadows. I tried to re-create that by mixing together the bright Whisper White, the gray-tinted Naturals White, and Sahara Sand. Of course I added a big helping of a rich, bold red (I used the retired Cranberry Crisp) and a splash of yellow (my happy color). The stamps all come from Filigree Fantasy and Petals & Stems.

Happy Friday!



Stamps: Filigree Fantasy and Petals & Stems (Verve Visual)
Paper: White Naturals, Whisper White, Basic Black, Cranberry Crisp, Sahara Sand, So Saffron (all SU!)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko); Cranberry Crisp (SU!)
Accessories: photo corner punch, large oval punch, corner rounder, 1/4" circle punch, So Saffron brads, Apricot grosgrain (SU!); bigger brad (Close to My Heart)

26 comments:

Lauraline said...

I love your card, how it clearly look inspired by the picture.
I tried it too for the first time(the challenge), I love the card I came up to, but it doesn't look inspired at all by the picture...

Jenn said...

Beautiful, I love it!!! :D

Mandy said...

What a great card! I love what you came up with from the inspiration; it is just gorgeous!!

Anonymous said...

Awesome card, Amy! Love how you decorated the photo corners. Thanks for the inspiration!

Alhambra Club said...

Awesome card, love it.

Michelle Tech said...

Beautiful! I love your stamping on the photo corner to dress it up...so elegant!

Marie said...

Gorgeous card Amy! I love the touch of the stamping on the photo corner with the brads. Looks so elegant. Beautiful!

Mimi Hornberger said...

What a great card! It is just gorgeous! TFS! XO, Mimi

Marilyn said...

Wow - that is one fabulous card! You could frame it and use it for a wall hanging in that awesome room Amy!! It is astounding! You never cease to amaze me!!

Anonymous said...

That is absolutely beautiful! I LOVE IT!!!!

Me, My Stamps and I said...

incredibly pretty !!!!!!!the colors are hjust marvelous, amy !!!!tfs:)
chat

Anonymous said...

I think this is the first time I have visited your blog -- but this card is just so STUNNING!! that I jumped right over here from the VV blog to leave you a comment. THANKS for sharing! I just may order that Filigree set (previously NOT on my list) simply after seeing what you did with the photo corners! WOWZA!

Denise Marzec said...

Breathtaking!

Anonymous said...

Wow Amy! What a fabulous interpretation of the inspiration piece. It's gorgeous!!! TFS!

Anonymous said...

I just LOVE this....amazing! (Too bad it couldn't be blown up and hung on the wall above the bed!)

Mauna said...

I was jumping from blog to blog and this card stopped me dead in my tracks...love it! Great job.

Anonymous said...

I love your card and your colors.

Joan

Ryann said...

Stunning card!

June Houck said...

eh, it's okay. Just kidding! I LOVE this card! This is awesome :) Definitely one of my most favorite Amy cards!!!

Unknown said...

WOW knock your socks off gorgeous AND SO right on with the inspiration pic - i know i could never get it that close!!!

Leslie Hanna said...

I love your card! And thanks for your nice comment on my attempt at the challenge.

You are in Purcelville? I used to bike the W&OD and we'd stop in your town for lunch before heading back to Leesburg. :-)

Giovana said...

Your card is soooo pretty!!!!
I love the layout, colors, everything is perfect.

God bless
Giovana

SueB said...

I'm normally a lurker - in the mornings I rush thru blogs via google reader and then head to emails. I'd loved this challenge pic and you've NAILED this one! Even the panels representing the mattress peeking thru the iron bars to the bed ... whew! Awesome card - way to go, Amy!

Sue Hyer said...

I LOVE this card! Everything about it! Wow Wow Wow!!!

Conniecrafter said...

so very pretty, love the flowers and the pretty swirls behind them, sweet corners too!

kathleenh said...

This is a seriously stunning card!