Thursday, June 12, 2008

DreamThyme



Today's card reminds me of something, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Munchkinland? The North Pole? Dunno.

I went to the vault and pulled out an unopened pack of True Thyme for the base of this card (forgot how much I love that brownish green color!), and paired it up with Ruby Red and River Rock. How I wish for a wider range of reds to choose from! What's on your new color wish list?

I am such a bad Stampin' Up girl, too. I finally get around to making what I thought was a Stampin' Up Only (SUO) card and what do I do, I use stuff that's been retired, and I stick dew drops on the flower centers. Sorry! I'm sure you could substitute Artichoke or Olive (think Dashing dp, in fact), and leave off the dew drops to keep it current SU-only.

Happy stamping!



Stamps: Live Your Dream, Polka Dot (SU!)
Paper: True Thyme (retired), Ruby Red, Whisper White, River Rock card stock
Ink: True Thyme, Ruby Red, Mellow Moss
Accessories: True Thyme stitched ribbon, dimensionals, small oval punch, paper piercer, dew drops, photo corner punch, corner rounder

25 comments:

Susie said...

This is fabulous! I love your design and how you cut out the flower image. I haven't used True Thyme in a year - better get it out. Just great Amy.

Anonymous said...

Outstanding!

Marie said...

Gorgeous!!! Love the color combo!

Anonymous said...

This is beautiful, Amy!! I'm with you on the reds ~~ we need a "dark red". Not burgundy, but something darker & not as bright as Real Red!

Mimi Hornberger said...

That's beautiful! I love your blog. Thanks for sharing your wonderful artwork. XO, Mimi
http://stampinwithmimi.blogspot.com/

Michelle Tech said...

I love the colors on this card! I keep looking at that stamp set, I should just get it! It's so pretty!

MJ said...

Wonderful colors, this is beautiful.

Melissa said...

So cute Amy! I'm SO going to use this color combo!

Many Blessings,
M.

Jennifer Meyer said...

SUPER cute Amy, LOVE the fun colors and gorgeous design. Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's gorgeous! I love the color combo and the layout.

Kristin Moore said...

Amy, this card of yours is just stunning! I adore this color combination and am quite sure I can find a piece (or pack!) of leftover True Thyme to pair with Ruby Red and River Rock. Brilliant!! TFS!

Angel said...

Gawjus! just GAWJUS!

Patsy said...

Pretty card, The colors are great together.

Anonymous said...

Love the card! I just ordered this set! Thanks for sharing your talent!

Anonymous said...

I thought the same thing about the card. I was thinking that you had posted this card already. I looked around on your blog to look but couldn't find anything. I do absolutely love the card. It is a beautiful combination of colors.

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Looks fabulous! I love the layout, and the color combo is yummy!

Jackie Pedro said...

This color combo is awesome! Love what you do with this set!!

pescbrico said...

this card is completely stunning... I love the bows!!! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Gorgeous Amy! I love that flower cut out like that...you have some patience girl!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous!! Wow!!

Libby Hickson said...

Love this! The colors are great and I love the layout.

Anonymous said...

Well, it's about thyme you used that color combo! Great card my sweet friend!!

Anonymous said...

I too love this card. The colors are fabulous. I didn't buy this set because I thought that it was too pricy!!!!! Yikes..... I may need to get it now that I see this darling card. Thanks for all of your cards that give me so much incentive.

Joan
Maple Grove, MN.
gjgarlough@aol.com

Miss Boo (a.k.a. jen70) said...

Such a gorgeous card!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhhhhhhhh this is just gorgeous in those colors. Have to dig out my True thyme!