Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Two Fun Announcements

I have two fun announcements this morning. First, in case you haven't seen the Verve blog yet this week, we've created a fun new challenge. As usual Verve bucks for the winner! This time it's an inspiration challenge based on some Pottery Barn bedding that Amy Westerman found. The Project Parade began on Monday, and continues through Saturday, the 21st. Each day another Verve Diva is the main act on the Verve blog. I'll be showing my project on Friday, but don't wait until then to check out all the inspiration and get busy creating your entry!

Second, just for the pure fun of it, a group of blogging friends and stampers extraordinaire have joined up to create a weekly challenge blog, Our Creative Corner, and they've invited me to contribute! You know I love a good challenge, and wait 'til you see the talent I'll be rubbing shoulders with! I'm so excited!


Cindy Haffner from Cindy Haffner's Corner
Dawn Easton from Treasure Oiler
Designz

Denise Marzec from The Paper Landscaper
Jennifer Meyer from Jennifer's Sweet
Design's

Laurie Schmidlin from Just Give Me Stamps
Lynda Benden from Stamp Act

Every Saturday morning, we'll have a new challenge posted to the Our Creative Corner blog. All are warmly invited to participate, so please stop by over there this Saturday morning, June 14, as Cindy hosts our first challenge! And a super big thank you to Jennifer for organizing everything!!

Of course I have a card to share, too. And no, you haven't been mysteriously redirected to someone else's blog, LOL. This one may be a little different from my usual style, but I love it! Plus I like to throw in some clean and simple stamping whenever I manage to pull it off!

[Edited to Add: This isn't my Verve inspiration project (although I see now that it could be - except I didn't use any Verve stamps!). That's coming on Friday. This one actually began life as a project for this week's SCS color challenge (So Saffron, Real Red, Regal Rose), but I just couldn't get the colors to work together. However, I did like the Saffron and Red - obviously ;) ]

Happy hump day to all!


Stamps: All Holidays
Paper: So Saffron, Basic Black, Whisper White card stock; Cupcake (Basic Grey)
Ink: Basic Black
Accessories: black brads, foam tape, 3/4" black grosgrain

8 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Love your card and can't wait to see the new blog and its challenge.

Denise Marzec said...

Awesome card for the inspiration challenge. You captured the picture beautifully in that BG panel.

...looking forward to playing with you in our new challenge group! Hugs, D~

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Amy, LOVE the simple but elegant design.

Can't wait to post our 1st challenge on Saturday! :)

Stamping hugs,
Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

Woo Hoo! I feel a CASE coming on! Love it!

Jenn said...

Fabulous card...clean, simple and YUMMY ribbon!!! :D I can't wait to see the challenge on Saturday...come on Saturday!!! :D

Lynda Benden said...

Hi Amy!
Beautiful card! We tend to forget that simple cards are beautiful too and this one is no exception!!!

Can't wait to see what you come up with for Saturday!!! No pressure though!!! LOL!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, your card is lovely! I struggled with that CC too...love Red and Saffron together though!

I'll have to try out the Verve inspiration piece this week for sure...looks wonderful!

I'm REALLY looking forward to Saturday and our first blog challenge!

Angel said...

oOOOHHH!!! I love your card. mind if I case?