Sunday, June 29, 2008

Happy 45th Anniversary!

I made today's card in honor of my wonderful parents, who today are celebrating forty-five years of marriage. How great is that?!?! Happy Annivesary, Mom and Dad!! I love you, and hope Terry and I grow up to be just like you!

I had the idea for this card in my head as soon as I first saw the sentiment "You're still the one" from Verve's new Feeling Groovy set. But I needed to find a suitable stamp. After searching through the online sites of many popular stamp manufacturers and finding nothing, I finally googled "old couple rubber stamp" and turned up an Etsy site with loads of unique (mostly discontinued) rubber stamps. This was almost exactly what I hoped to find. Isn't it perfect? What I love most are the man's shoes -- they look just like the Hush Puppies my dad got for Christmas every year when I was a kid. He's probably still wearing them!

The stamp is made by Art Impressions. (I don't see it on their website, so I suspect it's retired, but I do see lots of other fun images!). All of my coloring was done with Prismacolors and Gamsol. The paper is from Basic Grey's "Sugared" line.

Thanks for stopping by!



Stamps: sentiment from Feeling Groovy (Verve), old couple (Art Impressions)
Paper: Cranberry Crisp, Whisper White (SU!), Sugared (Basic Grey)
Ink: Memento (Tsukineko)
Accessories: Aged Copper Hodgepodge Hardware, Cranberry Crisp stitched ribbon, corner rounder, 1 1/4" and 1 3/8" circle punches, dimensionals (SU!); Prismacolor pencils, Gamsol, blending stump

18 comments:

Jackie Pedro said...

I love to hear that people's parents are still married! Forty-five years...awesome!

Your card is darling and your coloring...perfect!!

June Houck said...

Amy, this card is adorable! I love the old couple, the sentiment, and those fab dps. Those Verve sentiments are the best. I suppose at some point I will have to buy bunches of them. They are too perfect!

jjcreations said...

Ahhhhh, this is too sweet. Congratulations to your parents!!! Joan

pescbrico said...

OH What a wonderful outstanding card! I'm sure they will love it and your coloring is just perfect!

marcyh said...

Happy Annivesary to your Mom and Dad. 45 years is something to be proud of these days.

Love the card...cute image.

Conniecrafter said...

Awesome coloring, and neat image, great sentiment!

Bonnie said...

Love this - it is so cute! I hope I get a 45 years married card someday!! although sometimes it is a stretch {wink*}

Patsy said...

What a cute card. Your parents will love it.

Anonymous said...

What a precious card. TFS

Jessie/knightrone said...

So super cute!!!!

Dawn Easton said...

Oh my goodness Amy, this card is precious...lol...love it~! Congrats to your parents on their Anniversary!

Gretchen said...

This card is so cute! The couple is precious- hope I can make it to 45 years!

Stephanie Hargis said...

Wow! Now if that's not enough hope for the rest of us than I don't know what is! :D I know that I plan on being happily married 45 years from now! I just love your card too! It is great! That image IS perfect! I can't believe you found it! :D Great job!

Judy Rozema said...

Happy Anniversary to your parents!! Mine are celebrating 55 today!! Your card is so fun and adorable!!!

Jen said...

That's wonderful- my parents are coming up to their 40th next year, I suppose I'd better get thinking on a special card for them! I think we're very blessed to have had parents committed to each other for life.

Marisa said...

Cute card - sure they will love it :) Congrats to your parents. SO nice to see a couple that has been committed to each other and willing to work through the tough times to celebrate the long haul in a world that doesn't value marriage commitment very much any more. Way to go!!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

What a cute and sweet card! Love it! Great coloring! Congrats and Happy anniversary to your parents! Hope they had a wonderful day!

Anonymous said...

What a great card and image! Love it!