Friday, June 27, 2008

Asian Flair



The new Asian Flair set from Verve Stamps** is among my favorite Verve sets ever -- I absolutely love it!! The images are so fresh and unique. The set has a wonderful Asian feel, but the images are by no means limited to Asian-theme cards, and the two sentiments are awesome (of course, it's Verve after all!). I cut the curved edge on my card using one of the ovals from the Creative Memories cutting system. After I got all my stamping done and the layout in place, I felt like the River Rock card base was looking a little plain, so I added some scoring (I used my Scor-Pal) to echo the lines in the medallion image. It kicks it up a notch without competing with the rest of the card. Instead of reaching for your paper piercer or Cuttlebug, try adding some creative scoring instead! I love my Scor-Pal!!

** Verve Visual is now Verve Stamps! A short while ago, Julee began clearing out her inventory of paper and embellishments in order to focus exclusively on STAMPS. To go along with the name change to Verve Stamps, both the store and blog have had a little makeover. Check them out and and be sure to tell Julee what you think of the new look! She's got so much good stuff in the works for Verve over the next few weeks and months -- I can't wait!!

Another thing I can't wait for is tomorrow's challenge over at Our Creative Corner. We have some really exciting news to announce along with tomorrow's fun challenge, so be sure to stop by tomorrow morning! There might be something in it for you (hint, hint)!

Have a great day!



Stamps: Asian Flair (Verve Stamps); Linen (SU!)
Paper: River Rock, Basic Black, Kraft, Very Vanilla card stock (SU!)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), River Rock (SU!)
Accessories: oval cutting system (Creative Memories), clear adhesive gems (Hero Arts), black ribbon (Offray), 3/4" 1" and 1 1/4" circle punches (SU!), Scor-Pal

14 comments:

Mimi Hornberger said...

This is exquisite! I love it. TFS! XO, Mimi

Shannan Teubner said...

This is just beautiful, Amy! I love it!

Jennifer Meyer said...

Stunning card Amy. LOVE your design and the NEW images from Verve.

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Oh Amy, this is just so beautiful. I got chills when I first saw it. I love how your scoring pattern mirrors the design in the stamp. Fantastic work!

Linda Carson said...

FABULOUS piece of artwork!!

Laura (scrapnextras) said...

Oh, Amy....this is just stunning! Wow! Love the colours and the wonderful embossed lines...so perfectly Asian!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Gorgeous Amy!! I love the layour and colors, they are just perfect for an Asian inspired card!

Jackie Pedro said...

This is amazing! The scored lines add so much to this card. Love it, Amy!!

MJ said...

Just beautiful as usual. I nominated you for the Kreative Blogger Award on my blog. You can see it here

http://technostamper.blogspot.com/2008/06/kb-award.html

Thanks for the constant inspiration.

Dawn Easton said...

Absolutely gorgeous Amy!! I'm so glad my husband bought me this months releases...now I can CASE you girl! love it!

Anonymous said...

The scoring makes the card very elegant. Beautiful job!

Diana Crick

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Nothing short of STUNNING, Pickler!! You rock, girlfriend!!!

Conniecrafter said...

so pretty, just love the layering, stamping and the scoring is a terrific touch!

Kristin Moore said...

Amy, love the Asian Flair to this- nice clean and simple lines and colors- fabulous!!