Monday, June 30, 2008

Groovy Kind of Inspiration



On Saturday I took a peek at the SCS inspiration challenge. This week's piece is a fun, colorful quilt from Garnet Hill. I zeroed in on the brown fabric with the blue and red flowers. It makes for a groovy kind of color combo, don't you think? And, look, my Swiss Dots are back. Shocking, huh? ;) I can never go more than a few days without that particular embossing folder. Oh well!

The flowers are stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black. I colored the petals with a Soft Sky reinker and Fantastix brushes. The flower centers are 1/4" red circles topped with Crystal Effects.

Thanks for visiting!



Stamps: Feeling Groovy (Verve)
Paper: Stamper's Select White (Papertrey Ink), Basic Black, Soft Sky, Real Red, Chocolate Chip (SU!)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black (Tsukineko), Soft Sky reinker (SU!)
Accessories: 1/4" circle punch, Crystal Effects, key tag punch, dimensionals, corner rounder, red striped grosgrain (SU!), Swiss Dots Cuttlebug folder, Fanstastix (Tsukineko)

19 comments:

carole (TruCarMa) said...

Fabulous! Love the color combo and the crytal effects centers!

pescbrico said...

Very beautiful! The colors are stunning! Have a wonderful day! :)

Tina said...

Too cute for words! great color and texture!

Lauraline said...

Nice card! I really like what you are doing, it always give me tons of ideas.

Michelle Tech said...

I love the colors you used and your layout! It evokes Swiss Alps traditional clothing embellishments to me (forgive me if my brain is kicking out the wrong reference, but that's the first thing that comes to mind).

Angel said...

Oh this is adorable. Love it!!!!

Unknown said...

This card is gorgeous! I love how you interpreted the piece! Your card is just perfect! I think I may have to get that new set now! :D Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Amy, this is absolutely gorgeous!!! Those colors together are just the bomb!!! And those Crystal Effects cetner...girl, it's just awesome!

Cindy Haffner said...

Love it Amy excellent job.

Denise Marzec said...

Love the layout and the placement of all the flowers. Cool!

Kathy H said...

Great card... Also wonderful ribbon tie-ing as usual, still waiting on that one...Hee hee...

Carolina said...

Oh Amy this is gorgeous!!! Love the color combo and the center of the flowers are so pretty and shiny!

June Houck said...

Very pretty! I love everything about it :)

Tracy said...

very pretty miss!

Conniecrafter said...

very pretty, love the shimmer inside the flowers, pretty colors!

Amy said...

Another gorgeous card! So crisp and clean! I love your Swiss Dots!!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Genevieve said...

This is gorgeous! I love the layout and the color combo is off the hook! Love it!

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Beautiful card Amy! Love your take on the inspiration!

kathleenh said...

Gorgeous card! The color combo is great and the cut out flowers over the focal point look amazing.