Thursday, June 26, 2008

I'm Here If You Need Me

I don't get to participate in the SCS challenges as much as I would like, so when I had some extra time last night, I thought I'd try to combine all four challenges from this week (I got three of them). Today's "Ways to Use It" is birds, Monday's "Technique Lover's Challenge" was watercoloring with reinkers, and Tuesday's Color Challenge was this wacky combo. I couldn't get things to come together for yesterday's sketch challenge, as much as I {heart} the sketch and Jen's original. I'll be trying that one again for sure. I feel like I have to include a disclaimer that I'm not real crazy about this card -- I am definitely in the Not Taken with Teal camp!

Thanks for visiting!

Stamps: Anniversary Birds and Here for You (Verve)
Paper: Taken with Teal, Whisper White, Wild Wasabi, Basic Black (SU!)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black (Tsukineko), Taken with Teal reinker (SU!)
Accessories: classic and scalloped square Nestabilities (Spellbinders), Birds & Swirls cuttlebug folder (Provo Craft), black satin ribbon (Offray), black brads, dazzling diamonds glitter, aqua painter, Wild Wasabi double-stitched ribbon, white gel pen, large oval punch (SU!)
Size: 4 1/4" square

15 comments:

Angel said...

I really like this, Amy! And if you've got time...... tag.
http://angelosity.blogspot.com/2008/06/tagged.html

June Houck said...

Your card is lovely, but I'm not taken with teal either :)

You could add Kazan's sketch 2 to your list for this card. Good for you incorporating all those challenges into one card!

Renée said...

I like Taken with Teal but I rarely ever use it. You've done a beautiful job with all of these challenges!

Unknown said...

Awwwww.....that is just adorable!

Jennifer Love said...

I really like this! And I even like the teal...hehe!

Shannan Teubner said...

Just gorgeous, Amy!

Bastelfrosch's Kreativseite said...

This is wonderful. I like this colors!!
LG Annett

Jennifer Meyer said...

Beautiful card Amy, LOVE the pretty design and sentiment.



Jennifer :)

Marie said...

Super cute Amy!!!

Cindy Haffner said...

I love it Amy

Dawn Easton said...

GREAT card Amy! You may not be feeling this card but it turned out awesome! I'll share a secret...lol...I wasn't crazy about the CC(Taken w/Teal) so I skipped it ;)

ChristineCreations said...

So cute Amy...way to get those challenges in there ...and thanks for the sweet blog welcome today!

Jessie/knightrone said...

I love it!! And I am totally sharing a tent with ya!!

Linda said...

I really like it, the teal & all!!
Great card.

Conniecrafter said...

very cute bird, love the leaves and embossed bg!