Monday, June 9, 2008

Fruit of the Odorless Mineral Spirits



When Michael's had the 50% coupons last week (the week before?), I was able to get some of the Prismacolor pencils for a bargain (they're usually marked at 25%, so you can't use the big coupon - I got lucky). Anyway, almost immediately, I ordered the Gamsol/odorless mineral spirits and blending stumps online (from Inky Antics), so I could try out the Gamsol Magic technique on this beautiful image from Our Daily Bread Designs. Fun! I also stamped the bunches of grapes two more times, so I could trim out portions and layer them using the Paper Tole technique. The layers looked funny popped up on dimensionals, so I just adhered them flat, then curled up the edges a little to show the dimension. You can see better in this detail shot:



BTW, sorry for the hokey post title - I couldn't resist! Have a happy Monday!



Stamps: Fruit of the Spirit (Our Daily Bread Designs); Sanded (SU!)
Paper: Confetti Ivory, Certainly Celery, Ginger Blossom, So Saffron prints
Ink: Basic Black classic ink
Accessories: Prismacolors, Gamsol/OMS, blending stump, Aged Copper Hodgepodge Hardware, Apricot grosgrain, paper piercer, distressing tool, sanding block, sponges, sponge daubers

18 comments:

Alhambra Club said...

Your coloring is fantstic, enjoy your pencils, great card

Anonymous said...

Oh so LOVELY! I love it. I bought some Prisma a while back but could never find this Gamsol locally (HB, M, J's). I know where to order but I just never got to it.

I LOVE how you did the coloring! It's so beautiful!!!

Anonymous said...

Love the post title...cracked me up right away.

Awesome card, love the coloring. You are rockin', girl!!

Michelle Tech said...

Very pretty! I'm off to town today to see if Hobby Lobby has Gamsol and blending stumps so that I can play with the Prismacolor pencils I won from Jenn Dierks last week!

Anonymous said...

This is so beautiful! I was just at Our Daily Bread this AM and looking at this set. I'm also intrigued by what you accomplished with colored pencils, Gamsol and blending stumps. I have a friend who loves Copics, but they are SO expensive. This is encouraging.
Oh, I've tried using Baby Oil, and it works. So if you can't get Gamsol, try it. TFS such a beautiful post!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card. Great job on coloring it.
scrappingnana4@yahoo.com

Sharon in NE said...

This is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I just love what you did with the grapes, so pretty. Your card is beautiful and the coloring is first rate! Thanks for sharing.

dr.fine

June Houck said...

Another work of art!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous! Love that image. :)

Shannon Erskine aka e3stamper said...

Absolutely gorgeous card Amy. Your coloring is fantastic. Love all the details.

Marilyn said...

Wow the gamsol technique turned out amazing - love how you popped up the leaves too! Love the "pun" on your title! Fabulous job as always!!

Anonymous said...

This is gorgeous, Amy!! Besides baby oil, Goo Gone is another good sub for the gamsol ~ in fact, I think it blends just a wee bit easier than the gamsol!!! AND it's at our local dollar store so it's cheaper as well!

Our Creative Corner said...

Beautiful card Amy, LOVE the beautiful colors and your coloring is gorgeous. Stunning design, Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

WOW this is breathtaking! Just gorgeous coloring and card!!

Unknown said...

wowo amy you did a fab job!!! fun huh!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Fantastic title and gorgeous coloring!! I love it!!

Anonymous said...

I love the impressionistic quality of this! A mini masterpiece!