Saturday, June 28, 2008

Saturday's Canvas



Happy Saturday, and thanks for stopping by!

Time for another edition of Jen's Sketch for You to Try. Isn't this layout so much fun?!?! Stop by i{heart}2stamp to see the sketch as well as Jen's and Dawn's samples. Since it's the last Saturday of the month, we also say goodbye to Dawn Easton, who has been playing along with month as guest designer. What awesome samples she's contributed!! Thanks Dawn! For even more inspiration for this week's sketch, take a look at what Carole, Shannan, and Susan have cooked up. I hope you'll play, too! If you upload to SCS, remember to use keyword: SFYTT.




This next card is for this week's challenge over at Our Creative Corner, which is to use Basic Grey on your project. We all have some Basic Grey somewhere (dont we?)! You'll definitely want to head over there this morning, because we have a prize that goes along with the challenge, courtesy of Lindsey Botkin of Jacksonbelle Embellishments!! And don't panic, you have almost all week to enter!

I have always loved the Color Me Silly line from Basic Grey. I bought a few sheets a couple of years ago, so I'm down to scraps only, and I keep saving even the tiniest pieces! The fun ice cream cone image and sweet sentiment are from My Favorite Things. Coloring is with my Stampin' Up markers.

Have a great weekend!



SFYTT:
Stamps: Asian Flair (Verve)
Paper: Not Quite Navy, Certainly Celery, Whisper White, Soft Sky card stock (SU!); Blue Bayou prints dp (SU!)
Ink: Not Quite Navy, Soft Sky (SU!)
Accessories: white gel pen, paper piercer, dimensionals, Not Quite Navy button, Wild Wasabi double-stitched ribbon (SU!); classic and scalloped square Nestabilities (Spellbinders)

OCC:
Stamps: What's the Scoop (My Favorite Things)
Paper: Ruby Red, Whisper White (SU!); Color Me Silly (Basic Grey)
Ink: Versafine Onyx Black
Accessories: Ruby Red, Green Galore, Pumpkin Pie markers, Pumpkin grosgrain, vintage brads, dimensionals, word window punch, paper piercer, Crystal Effects

25 comments:

pescbrico said...

I love your colors choice and the layout of your cards! :) Have a wonderful weekend! :)

Dawn Easton said...

Amy, both cards are fabulous! Wow! I enjoyed playing along with you all for the SFYTT but I'm happy to continue on each week at the OCC. You can't get rid of me that easily...lol ;)

Lynda Benden said...

Both cards are awesome Amy!!! You made those bright Color me Silly papers rock! I LOVE the layout of the SFYTT card, fantastic!

Amy said...

you, my dear, are becoming one of my very favorite designers! I just adore your work, I want to be like you someday!

Hugs,
Amy

Jackie Pedro said...

Both cards are perfect! Love the color combo on Jen's sketch and I love the crystal effects on the ice cream cones...

Cindy Haffner said...

So Yummy, great paper with those cones, thanks for doing my challenge, love it.

Jennifer Meyer said...

GORGEOUS cards Amy, LOVE your design for Jen's sketch and the fabulous color combination. I also LOVE your design for the OCC BG challenge, those ice cream cones are making me hungry. :)

Have a wonderful weekend,
Jennifer :)

Anonymous said...

WOW Amy!!! These cards are BOTH amazing!!! I LOVE the colors and layout of the Verve card!!! The BG card is sweet as can be too!! :D

Julee (Vervegirl) said...

Gorgeous cards, Amy! I love your little white accents on the butterfly. And Color me Silly is such a happy set of papers - your card totally makes me smile! :)

Monika/Buzsy said...

Awesome cards! Love the colors and the DP you used on both... yummy ice cream images! TFS!

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

Amy, I LOVE what you did with that sketch! Just gorgeous. . the colors, the papers. . .everything! The icecream card is just adorable!

Anonymous said...

Super gorgeous cards - Amy!!! Love everything about them!!!

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous cards, Amy! Wow, both beautifully done. :)

Denise Marzec said...

Gorgeous cards, Amy! Wow, both beautifully done. :)

Christina said...

Wow! Both of these are gorgeous!

Jennifer Love said...

Oh my word! These are fabulous! Love the colors of both of them!

jjcreations said...

Wow, I love both of these cards. I just may go and try out that sketch and I also love the glistening ice cream cones!!! Joan

Judy Rozema said...

Wow!! I love both, but that first card really caught my attention! Beautiful work and details!

Heather said...

Beautiful cards Amy! Love the bright and cheery colors on both! Wonderful use of sketch for Jen's SFYTT challenge!

Anonymous said...

Two WOW cards. Thank you.

SueB said...

They're both gorgeous, but that ice cream card is so stinkin' CUTE - it's a WOWzer!

Gretchen said...

Amy- Your cards are absolutely stunning! You are so very talented and I too want to be like you! But, seriously, how long does it take you to make a card? They are so detailed- how many do you make a day?

Gretchen

Conniecrafter said...

Love the blue and green combo on the first, neat layout, piercing!

Jessie/knightrone said...

Wow Amy, both of your cards are so stunning!!! I love your SFYTT, it is amazing!!

Tracy said...

i'm in love with the blue/green one - those are just my favorite colors. and the ice cream one is adorable. that sentiment is really cute. i saw this challenge and thought i need to try that - basic grey occupies a great portion of my paper stash LOL